Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Only 28 days....

and no, I'm not talking about Britney's rehab stint. Just wanted to remind you that today is the last day of February! I apologize for neglecting you yesterday. It was an insanely busy day and I hardly had a moment to myself. I ended up finally leaving work at 6:00, which was later than I hoped, but not unbearable. When I got home, I made chicken cordon bleu for myself and J. I paired it with niblets corn in butter sauce (my favorite) and garlic mashed potatoes (one of his favorites). Don’t get too excited: Both the niblets and the mashed potatoes were microwavable.. Baby steps people.. baby steps. Anyway, for some reason there were only three chicken breasts in my package, but they were monstrous, so having only one wasn’t so bad. J. was actually full after the meal (as well he should be since he devoured two chicken breasts and practically all the potatoes. He was nice enough to let me finish off the corn though). After debating about the whole Jesus’ tomb thing with my sister (she’s a huge fan of the Da Vinci Code and is totally enthralled with the situation), we went upstairs to watch Crank, starring one of my faves, Jason Statham. I should not watch a movie in bed, because it’s automatic that I’ll fall asleep, which I did. J. stayed up for the whole thing (another miracle) but I bet I saw maybe a half hour of it, total. Good thing he left it at my house so I can watch what I missed! What can I say? It’s been a tiring couple of days and it kind of caught up to me!

For the past two years, I’ve gone to NYC for St. Patricks’ Day. Do I see the parade? Just snippets, but it’s a hell of a good time and since it’s on Saturday this year, I can only imagine the debauchery. Anyway, I think I found this year’s t-shirt:
My sister will be wearing one that says “Drunky McDrunkerson.” You have to love that. Definitely not your typical t-shirts! Mine from last year said “Polish and Proud: Happy St. Patrick’s Day.” I hope it gets warmer out though. I don’t want to lose my coat and I froze my ass off last year.

Still busy today, but a little less so. It’s about time for lunch so I have to hightail it, but I’ll try to update you on some gossip and such later on. Happy Hump Day!!!!

No comments: