Friday, February 23, 2007

Finally, Friday!

I’ve been waiting for this day all week. I’m telling you, the short weeks wreak havoc on you! I don’t know why, but they do. You’d think they’d be easier to get through but I think you get used to having that extra day and then getting back into the swing of things is even harder! Today is also a payday. Granted, I paid bills this morning so it’s pretty much gone, but payday Fridays are certainly better than regular Fridays! We even got “birthday breakfast” this morning, which the office pays for. I had half a bagel, as the bagels from Uncommon Grounds are ridiculously huge. Don’t get me wrong, I would have loved to have housed a huge bagel, loaded with butter, but I refrained. Oh yeah.. I’m brimming with self-restraint these days.

I got my hair cut last night, then made an appointment to have it cut and get a manicure the night before I leave for Ireland. This way I figure everything will be fresh, including my out of control (sometimes) eyebrows. Can’t go to Ireland looking like I haven’t waxed in months or else the Irish boys won’t buy me beer! Anyway, after that I went to my parents house and printed out my resume and other such things. It needed to be postmarked by Monday so I mailed it out today. Is it tacky that I mailed it from work? I had to! No one at home had a stamp so I had to wait until I got in today to buy one. If they’re nosy enough to look through the mail that’s going out, then they deserve to know I’m looking for something else! However, in order to keep my vacation time (and/or get paid for what I don’t take) I can’t leave until after April 10th, which is my one year anniversary here. I feel like a loser for not sticking it out for a year, but I might go to the loony bin if I do. We’ll see what happens..

The roads were a little more slippery than I had anticipated last night, so I wasn’t really that upset when J. neglected to come down for the Moosehead. Well, that and he actually (miracle of miracles) has today off so I think the last thing he wanted to do was get up at the buttcrack of dawn when he doesn’t have to. I told him he could have stayed in bed and slept at my house, but I get ready for work in my room so it wouldn’t be quiet and he knows I have this thing about leaving the house without my bed being made. OCD? Perhaps… or maybe I just like my room to be neat. Don’t judge me. Anyway, Tre and I met our friends Jen and Matt, and Tre's friend Angela (I’m not insanely fond of her. I dated her brother years ago and it seems she’s held a grudge against me all those years, even though there really wasn’t a reason to. He and I get along just fine! She only recently started to talk to me, and I’m not really good at pretending I like someone when I don’t. I’m trying, as she’s not a terrible person or anything. I’m just a grudge holder) at the Moosehead and it was dead as a doornail, which is a rarity! We got seats at the bar, too much popcorn and finally ordered. I was very excited to try the French Dip because while I wanted wings and moosefries, I think that would have pushed me over the Weight Watchers edge! Anyway, the brain dead bartender tells me they’re out of French dip. So, I order the grilled chicken sandwich, plain with cheese. She brings me a grilled chicken sandwich with nothing on it, but a huge side of mayo. Um.. who said anything about mayo? I get her to bring me some cheese, which is provolone. Luckily, I don't mind provolone, but it's not really the normal cheese you bring out when someone asks for cheese! It was ok, but not what I really wanted. I then went home, snuggled on the couch by myself (after locking all the doors) and caught up on Grey’s Anatomy and The Office before I hightailed it to bed (Tre and Angela trekked up to Albany to go out with a mutual friend of theirs so I had the house to myself… Did I mention I HATE having the house to myself? Well... when I'm alone I hate having the house to myself.. If there's someone there with me.. having it to myself isn't all bad). I have to run out and get some documents signed, but I’ll be back later with my takes on Grey’s and The Office. I might have to milk this errand as the roads are still a tad slippery…… ;)

No comments: