Thursday, February 08, 2007

My alarm didn't go off this morning..

I don’t know why. It was set like it’s been set for the past week, but the only reason I woke up was because I heard my sister banging pots (or at least that’s what it sounded like) a little before 7 this morning. I guess I needed the extra sleep, but I had everything planned to go to the gym, as I didn’t go Wednesday and had no plans to go on Friday. I really hate when my schedule is fucked with. Speaking of banging, I’ve been feeling much like banging my head against a wall this week, as it’s been insanely not busy at work (I know what you were thinking, dirty birds). I think I’m going to come in tomorrow and then “go home sick.” I can’t take it. Not on a Friday. More on that to come.

At the movies last night I saw the trailer for a new Katherine Heigl movie, “Knocked Up.” Heigl plays an entertainment reporter who gets knocked up by a one night stand, played by “The Forty Year Old Virgin” and “Freaks and Geeks” actor, Seth Rogen. It looks like the story is basically how they get to know each other and deal with the fact that they’re having a baby. I’m looking forward to it coming out. It comes from the same group of people who made The Forty Year Old Virgin and while I still haven’t totally embraced the funny of that movie, this one looks like it could be a winner and make a movie star out of Heigl.

While watching, “Because I Said So,” it occurred to me that I don’t like Diane Keaton as an actress. The only movie I ever liked her in was “The First Wives Club” and that’s only because she had Bette Midler and Goldie Hawn to play off of. Her character was so annoying and irritating and I don’t know who dressed her in the movie, but her clothes were heinous. I don’t think there was ever a scene where she wasn’t wearing a huge, wide belt (above her natural waist). Also, the fact that she looks better in her underwear than I do really put a bad taste in my mouth. SPOILERS AHEAD: It’s not that the movie was bad, it just wasn’t that good. I really like Mandy Moore and I really liked her character, but I don’t think she made any realistic choices. I mean, if you’re miserable with one guy and jubilant with the other, don’t stick with the one that makes you cry! It’s not like you’ll be single and unhappy since you’ve got the other one just waiting for you to come to your senses! Also.. at the end, Diane Keaton married Stephen Collins (the Rev. on Seventh Heaven), who is also the father of her daughter’s boyfriend. What kind of mother does that!? I mean… they’re now stepbrother and sister!!! The whole movie you talked about your daughter’s happiness, and then you marry his dad!? No!!! Would they be able to get married now since their parents are married? I mean, technically they’re not blood related, but I just found that to be really strange and I was not pleased with that ending! But hey, the popcorn was good. There’s always an upside. Plus, Chrissy and I figured out that our next date with be “Music and Lyrics” starring Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore. What can I say? Cheesy, but funny. Tre even said she’d probably see it and she LOATHES Hugh Grant. That’s got to be a good sign!

As I’m sure you can see, another boring day awaits. I watched both episodes of Top Design last night so I’ll let you in on what I think of that later on. It’s no Project Runway but what it lacks in substance, it makes up for in pissy gay hissy fits. What more could a girl ask for?

1 comment:

Reel Fanatic said...

I used to like Diane Keaton quite a bit back when she was in those Woody Allen movies, but I'm definitely with you that she's simply been annoying for at least the last five years .. All the movies she makes now just seem to be about how she can't get laid ... and I love the Baltimore Orioles more than any sane person should