Thursday, February 01, 2007

GOOD Baseball News

The O's have signed both Brian Roberts and Nick Markakis to a one year deal. Roberts signed for 4.2 million (exactly in between what he wanted, and what the O's wanted to give) but the details of the Markakis signing are not common knowledge. Just because they signed one year deals does not mean there isn't room for extensions, just that they'll worry about that during the season or next off-season. Really, we all know what this is: An excuse for me to post a picture of my two favorite boys (compliments of orioles.com). How many days till Spring Training!? I don't think I can wait. Oh yeah.. Orioles Fanfest has been rescheduled for April 1st and additional tickets went on sale today. Lots of stuff going on and if I weren't leaving for Ireland the following weekend, I'd probably try to make it down! I bet it'd be almost as good as Photo Day and when I find out when that is you can bet my ticket will be booked (ok, well, I wouldn't bet on it, but I REALLY want to go again).

This should be my last post today. It's been a quiet day. Like, I saw a tumbleweed roll past my desk kind of quiet. Looking forward to getting out of here and having a good night, as I hope you all do. I'll be back in the AM, hopefully not too early as that means I'm still experiencing pangs of boredom. Don't forget: new episodes of The Office and Grey's Anatomy tonight. Whoopie!!!!

No comments: