Monday, February 19, 2007

What a great weekend!

Friday night was supposed to be the festivities surrounding my cousin Lindsey’s 21st birthday. J. and I met the group at Meadowgreens, where Lindsey had a pretty nasty headache. We then went to Melino’s and had a few drinks there. Well, Lindsey had a few drinks, hten went to the St. Charles. Tre, J. and I had a few more drinks and called my cousin Laura (Lindsey’s sister) to bring us home. She offered and we gave her a couple bucks for doing it, as college kids usually are in dire need of some extra cash! It was a fun night and it was nice for J. and I to be able to get drunk together and not have to worry about driving.

Saturday we all went to Earth Foods for breakfast. I almost always get the chicken quesadilla there, but since it was breakfast time I got an omelet, some turkey sausage and a bagel. The bagel was good. I should have ordered the quesadilla. J. and I picked up my car and then spent the rest of the day on the couch watching a marathon of Reno 911. It was a very lazy Saturday. Around 7 I got up the energy to take a shower, but decided not to go see Hannibal Rising. I didn’t really want to see the movie and I didn’t really want to leave the house! Lazy? Maybe, but I’ll live through it. Instead I watched The Illusionist. It wasn’t bad which was surprising as my sister hated it. The Prestige is better and comes out on video tomorrow so I recommend that also.

Sunday I decided to go to Pier One and see if I could use up my gift card that Tre had gotten me for my birthday. I went down to Kingston and perused the merchandise, but was unsure of what I wanted to get. On the way home I stopped at the new Super Wal-Mart in Catskill and picked up a few things. It’s a pretty nice Wal-Mart (and that says a lot considering we all know my disdain for the Wal-Mart) and the food prices were actually really cheap. I think I will probably do my big grocery shopping there to save some dough. I would have bought more, but there were no carts to be found so I could only buy what I could carry in my arms. That night was pretty mellow. Tre and I watched Glory Road and Deliverance. One was a feel good flick! Deliverance was pretty much what I expected, and I’m glad I finally saw it. I’ve been on one canoe trip in my life and it was a disaster so I wasn’t planning on going on another one anyway. I DEFINITELY will not be going on one again after seeing Deliverance, that’s for sure. Anyway, I made tacos, downloaded some updates for my laptop and looked for jobs online. Oh yeah.. it’s gotten THAT bad. Leaving might be worth not getting paid for my time to go to Ireland.
Today I watched the movie “The Ringer” with Johnny Knoxville and Katherine Heigl. What can I say? It was on HBO when I got up this morning so I thought I’d give it a shot. It was funny, but only as funny as the trailer. It wasn’t a total waste of time though, let’s put it that way. After that I called my mom and had her accompany me (again) to Pier One. I really just needed a second opinion on what I wanted to buy. I ended up getting a cute chair for our living room, a mat for the laundry room and a beaded curtain for the laundry room closet. Everything looks better than I expected so I was pretty happy with the purchase. What was even nicer was that I only had to spend $15.00 on everything. Not a bad deal if you ask me!

Anyway, I very much enjoyed my holiday weekend and I wanted to update you on what’s been going on. I’ll try to get to the gossip later as that crazy bitch Britney shaved her head and Tom Brady knocked up Bridget Moynahan. Guess that whole “she’s getting skinny to compete with Gisele Bundchen” rumor isn’t exactly true. Hmm.. I guess I just caught you up on the gossip, but I’m sure there’ll be some more tomorrow!

Oh yeah.. this is the picture I was supposed to post a few weeks ago of me and my newly svelte friend Tim. He's ALMOST as adorable as me!!!

No comments: