Friday, February 16, 2007

Let's Talk TV

Ok.. first things first - Grey’s Anatomy. Now, they said there would be a death and technically, there was because Meredith was flatlined when the show ended last night. However, I really can’t believe they’re going to kill her off. Hell, the show is named GREY’S Anatomy! Also, her dying would be so blatantly obvious considering she was thrown into the water last week. My guess is that she’s going to be bought back to life, but I can’t imagine who else they would kill off! We did get our brief Denny Duquette appearance, and how nice to see Kyle Chandler in his paramedic glory. Much sexier than that football coach garb they have him wearing on Friday Night Lights! Anyway, I guess we need to tune in to see who’s going to bite it, if that’s the case! Oh yeah.. Izzie.. definite Rockstar!

I have yet to watch The Office as I got home near the end of it last night and didn’t want to ruin it. So, once I watch that this weekend, I’ll let you know what I think Somehow (I won’t say how or with whom) I managed to watch Top Design this week. The remaining decorators were split into three teams and there was animosity from the get go! They were each given a postcard of a beach location and had to build and design a cabana that was innovative and reflected their area. Team St. Tropez consisted of Carissa, Ryan and Goil. It was obvious from the start that Carisa and Ryan were going to butt heads (and I’m pretty sure Goil called her Larissa a few times) so I wasn’t surprised to see Ryan in the bottom, as his choices weren’t real helpful (Carisa saw St. Tropez as classy, while Ryan saw it as topless ladies). Their design was pretty innovative, even if their furnishings were anything but! The team of Matt, Elizabeth and Eric got Miami and seemed to be doing a good job until it came to their heinous color choices, spearheaded by Elizabeth (although they all did agree). They were so NOT Miami and kind of gaudy. That choice sent Elizabeth into the final three and Matt joined her and Ryan for his lack of vision. Obviously, the winners were Felicia, Michael and Andrea, although I can’t remember what their location was. Their cabana was really great, although it did lack a roof. However, it best epitomized what the judges were looking for so they won a weekend getaway in Santa Monica (I believe). Elizabeth was sent home, and she was pretty upset about it. She didn’t do much for me so I’m ok with seeing her go. What should have gone was judge Kelly Wearstler’s knee socks and open toed shoes combo. At first I thought she was wearing teal boots but no, it was worse.

Wednesday night I watched Bones, which I’m really getting into. However, it’s now on hiatus for a month while American Idol is on. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Idol, but I don’t need to watch it three times a week. Who has that time!? I am ok with the Top 24, but no one has wowed me yet like last year. I guess only time will tell!

I did watch Brick, a movie I got from Netflix, during the snowstorm. It was decent. A little hard to follow at times, but still good. One of the lead characters was played by Nora Zehetner, aka Eden from Heroes. It was kind of a whodunit, film noir set in a high school (at least that’s what the envelope said). I don’t think my attention span was in on it, or it probably would have been better. I also got through the first two discs of Season One of Scrubs that J. has been up my ass to watch. Now I only have three more hours to watch before he starts in with season two.. I should make him bring that down for me so I can do it this weekend sometime. I never got into Scrubs when it first started, but I’ve caught it in syndication and I find it to be pretty hilarious. I’m always the last kid to the party.

I’ll try to give you the scoop on the last couple of days later. TGIF!!!!

No comments: