Monday, February 12, 2007

Did you miss me?

Yep, I did it. I called in sick on Friday. It couldn’t have felt better. I told them my eye was swollen shut. This way I didn’t have to do the fake “sick” voice which I’m not really all that good at. I will more than likely call in again on Wednesday, as it’s supposed to snow all day and I’m not risking my life to get here. I’m packing a bag for J’s under the anticipation that I could be camped out there until Friday. I might have to bring an extra bag for food and movies, unless I get motivated to clean his cesspool of a room. It could get that bad.

So anyway, Friday was nice. I downloaded songs to my Ipod, watched Rumor Has It (glad I waited for it to come out on DVD) and went to the gym. That night at bowling I had a good feeling. My first game was only 160. Not quite the vibe I had been hoping for. My next game was 221 and I lost the jackpot by 2 pins. Final game was 211, and I lost the jackpot by one pin. For total I bowled a 592, as did my other two teammates. The odds of that happening are pretty slim and that meant we all split the final jackpot. So, I made $3 on the night. Unreal! J. had called earlier in the day and told me that he wanted to booze it up a bit that night, so he bought beer to my house and we played pool and talked. It was a fun night, but I got a little tipsier than I had thought, and had to get up to avoid bed spins around 2 am. Luckily, I got over that and fell asleep (well, passed out) pretty quickly.

Saturday was kind of a wasted day. I caught myself up on Grey’s Anatomy (GREAT shows lately) and The Office. I was extremely peeved that Pam left the wedding with Roy, even though he has been looking much better since that pesky DWI he got after Pam dumped him. I guess if it was that easy to get Pam and Jim together it wouldn’t be much of a show, right? At least that’s what I’m trying to tell myself. Anyway, that night I dragged Justin to a burlesque show by The Lipstick Lovelies at the Lark Tavern. (If you live anywhere from NYC to Albany and you haven’t caught their show, you really should. It’s great!) A few friends I used to dance with are in the show and I thought he might find it entertaining. He actually enjoyed it! Granted, there were half naked girls, but he even found the songs and dances to be funny, so that was pretty cool. We had dinner there with my friend Sue and her husband, who’s a hoot and a half to say the least. It was a really great night and we were home and in bed by 11:30 as J. had to work the next day.

Sunday morning I rolled out of J.’s bed with all these aspirations for the day. Then he got out of work early and we went to breakfast. I got nothing done on Sunday, but it was worth it. I ate like a cow this week so I can’t see my weigh in going really well tonight, but sometimes you have those weeks! Anyway, we went to Friendly’s for breakfast and then lounged around for most of the morning/afternoon. He watched the Pro Bowlers Tour with me and I tried to explain scoring, lane conditions and the like to him, but he wasn’t understanding. We switched to Mythbusters before the second game. I guess it’s something that’s so second nature to me that I don’t really know how to explain it to someone. Later on that night my sister, our friends Kate and Brian and my friend Melissa (she used to work with me) all met at Bombers Burrito Bar to cheer on our friend Justin in the Adult Spelling Bee. I definitely should have entered! There were some tough words, but I think I would have done pretty well. Apparently they have one in the fall too, so maybe I’ll enter then. He came in 10th out of 32 competitors so congratulations go out to him. Also, if you get the Times Union, look for him in Friday’s edition! It was a valiant effort and entertaining to watch.

Now here we are… it’s Monday. My alarm didn’t go off again this morning and I’m still unsure why. I know I didn’t sleep through it because it gets louder the longer it’s on and I’m a pretty light sleeper. I guess I need to be woken up to a buzzer, but I really hate it. It’s so… dramatic! So I missed the gym again today. I guess a three day hiatus might have been just what I needed, as I’ve been getting a tad bored. My sister keeps insisting she’s going to give me a weight routine but she hasn’t had time. I could do it myself I guess, but I don’t really know what I’m doing! I did not watch the Grammys so I can’t wax poetic about the heinous outfits on the carpet, and I still haven’t gotten around to blogging about Top Design. Maybe later on this week. Time to do some work. I went to lunch with a co-worker today and got a little hosed on the bill, so I’m still silently fuming about that. I know she didn’t do it on purpose, and it’s my fault for not saying anything, but still. The nice thing was, I saw a girl at the restaurant that I haven’t seen in quite some time. We were pretty good friends when I went to Columbia Greene so it was really cool to see her, even though we didn’t have a chance to talk at all as I had to get back to work. Anyway, like I said.. back to work!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

So the next time I'm home we're going to Bombers and I'm ordering everything on the menu and you're helping me eat it. Deal? It looks so GOOD. I want a Bombers over here. I miss American restaraunts... :-(