Monday, February 05, 2007

I cared about (and am happy with) the outcome of the Superbowl!

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know the Colts won the Superbowl and Peyton Manning finally scored that elusive ring. After the kick-off I was a little concerned, but the Colts stepped it up, made it a game and then ran away with the title. I adore Tony Dungy but I think it was hysterical how they kept making such a big deal that he was the first African-American Coach to win the Superbowl. Not because it’s not an accomplishment, but because no matter which team won that Coach would be the first African American Coach to win the Superbowl. Catch my drift? Anyhoo… congratulations to the Indianapolis Colts! I didn’t catch much of Prince’s half-time show, but you know girlfriend was pissed that his “coif” got wet! I’ve heard mixed feelings about his performance but all in all, it seemed OK.

Great news - Tim Gunn insists he will be back for Season 4 of Project Runway. No, that was not a tornado, but the collective sighs of relief from the fashion world.

When I got into work today I learned our motherboard had been blown out over the weekend, so I had a feeling it wasn’t going to be a very good day. Seems everyone is on edge. Personally, I can’t wait to get the hell out of here, but that doesn’t really make it different from any other day now does it? It’s weigh in night, and after that I plan to watch last week’s Heroes to prepare for this week’s Heroes. I found out my friend Tim is in town, so I had anticipated meeting him out for a drink or two, but we’re going to do lunch on Wednesday instead. I really want to see him, but it’ll be nice to have a free night also.

J. and I went to see Smokin’ Aces on Friday night. Halfway through the movie he gave me this devilish grin and I knew he had figured out the plot. He does this all the time and it’s so irritating… in a good way of course, but still. Anyway, the movie wasn’t spectacular. There was a lot going on and lots of violence, but it wasn’t awful either. Certainly wasn’t a vanity piece for Jeremy Piven. He looked like death warmed over about 100 times. Not a bad way to spend a couple hours though, that’s for sure.

Saturday I cooked breakfast (pancakes and sausage) and J. and I basically hung out until I decided to go to the gym. He had to run home as he forgot his steel toed boots for work, so it worked out pretty well. Later on that night we went cosmic bowling with some buddies of mine from my softball team and my cousins. We had such a great time. It’s kind of hard for my sister and I to bowl for fun, as you still don’t want to bowl bad, but it really was entertaining and fun. I think we’re going to try to do it again next month and I was thinking of taking the girls when they come into town in late March. It was $10 for 2 hours and that was plenty! We hung out at the bar for a while afterwards, ate some garlic popcorn (which we all tasted the next day) and then hightailed it to bed as J. had to work at 6 am the next morning. I woke up famished, but had to wait until we went to brunch at Meadowgreens to celebrate my father’s 55th birthday. The brunch was great, I just wished that it had more breakfast foods. The only “br” part of the brunch were scrambled eggs, potatoes and French toast sticks. We then went back to my parents house to give him his present, a REALLY nice push cart for golfing. After that I agreed to go to Albany with my mother. She just wanted to go to Macy’s and I had nothing to do before the Superbowl so I figured, why not? I ended up getting three shirts that I can wear now and then two more that I bought to take to Ireland with me (or at least that’s how I justified the purchase). It’s nice to go shopping when the clothes actually look decent on you. While I may have only lost 10 pounds, you can see it in the way my clothes fit that I’m losing inches. Unfortunately, I didn’t measure myself before I started so I’ll never really know what I’ve lost. Still, it felt pretty damn good to not sit in the dressing room, depressed that nothing fit! After I got back I went to my cousin’s for their annual Superbowl party. I was having a great time, but I didn’t think I’d be home tonight so I needed to do some laundry and other such things, so I left just before half-time. After the win, I tried to go to sleep, but I did not sleep well at all. I was up way before my alarm for the gym went off this morning and that is never a good thing. I hope I can make it through Heroes tonight!

Not much else to tell… it’s been kind of quiet lately.. My advice is to simply stay inside and bundle up. It’s pretty fricking freezing in these parts! Have a great Monday night!

No comments: