Monday, February 26, 2007

This is how my day started...

I was on I-90 on my way to work when this pickup truck comes up behind me. I was doing about 73 in a 65 and he was flashing his lights and all such things at me. I couldn’t get over at that time so I brake checked him, and flipped him off. He gets around me (as I’m flipping him off again) and then gets in front of me and brake checks me. I’m sitting there laughing at him because I don’t know what he thought that was going to do, as I wasn’t the one in a great big hurry. It looks like he’s looking for something and he then flashes a badge out his window and waved at me. Um, what was that supposed to do? Even if he was a cop, he was obviously off duty so there really isn’t anything he can do but make me feel stupid which, well.. he didn’t. I pretty much laughed at him the whole way because he felt like he had to show that to me and that I would get scared or something. I just looked at him like “what is that supposed to do?” The greatest thing is that he had a handicapped license plate. I think I could have outrun him. Anyway, if you’re in that big of a hurry AND you’re a cop you should have a siren in your car. I would have gotten out of his way if there were a light and a siren. He was probably a correctional officer trying to get me to believe his badge was a cop badge (Note: My uncles are correctional officers, so that is not a dig on C.O.’s.). Anyway, if I get pulled over for no reason in the near future, it’ll be because that bastard called in my plates. Game on old man.. Game on..

My weekend was pretty mellow. Friday night I went to bowling, then headed over to the Super Wal-Mart to do my grocery shopping. I got lots of stuff for under a hundred dollars, but the checkout took at least 40 minutes. It was unreal. The guy actually announced everything that I had in my cart and it was just ridiculous. The big holdup was the woman two people in front of me, but I was already in line and wasn’t getting out. Big mistake. I always pick the worst checkout line no matter what. Anyway, J. was at my house when I got there so he helped me carry my groceries in and then we decided to play pool. I went looking for some beer, but apparently Tre had taken it all so…. we broke out the liquor. Southern Comfort for him, Amaretto for me. We have shitloads of liquor and I had completely forgotten about it until he asked if we had any. Unreal.. We were up till 3 am playing darts, ping pong and pool (I kicked his ass in ping pong and almost beat him in darts). The next day we got up pretty late and made it to the movies to see Reno 911: Miami. It was really funny, but I think it’s one of those movies where you have to really understand the sense of humor and like the TV show. Three older people left the movie after about 15 minutes. The movie was only an hour and 20 minutes long so after that we went to Meadowgreens for lunch. I got a steak sub, but they prepared it wrong and it just put me in a bad mood. I don’t get to eat what I want that much anymore, so when I get what I want, I want it how I want it, know what I’m saying? It turned out ok, but could have been better. I bowled that night with Jason (the knocker upper) and a few other people, which would have been more fun if I hadn’t bowled like absolute crap. I hung out at the bar for a little while, but was home by 11. Jason was going to follow me home (I’d had more than usual to drink, but I certainly wasn’t drunk) but I was milking my drink and it was for the best. I don’t think it would have been a good idea to have him follow me home. He spent the night telling me how great I was and all that, then that if I gave him another chance he’d drop his girlfriend like a hot potato. Classy.. I think he expected me to just be like.. OK! However, as much as I’m attracted to Jason, that’s where it ends. I could betray J. like that, nor do I want to. So, I spent the night in my scary house.. alone!

Sunday I had to do breakfast with the girls. I made this overnight stuffed French toast, which I thought was going to be great, but it was kind of bland. Ok.. REALLY bland. The girls gave it a valiant effort, but I ended up throwing the rest of it away when I got home. What a waste of groceries! I spent the rest of the day finishing up my book and watching the Law and Order SVU marathon on USA. I went to my mom’s to weigh in (somehow I lost four more pounds.. I LOVE her scale, cause mine is about a seven pound difference from hers) and then we had an awesome roast beef dinner, complete with mashed potatoes, corn and rolls. I bought leftovers home for J. to bring for lunch today. He came over and we were planning to watch SLC Punk, but it got late so we just watched the Oscars and fell asleep.

Speaking of the Oscars, some quick thoughts:

Cameron Diaz - vast improvement. Not great, but greatly improved.
Reese Witherspoon - the single life agrees with her. Gorgeous!
Jennifer Hudson - Big girls should not wear a dress with pockets or a bolero jacket, and Andre Leon Talley should know that.
Andre Leon Talley - don’t quit your day job.
Ellen DeGeneres - the red tux was a tad small, but other than that, entertaining.
Eddie Murphy - Norbit. Nuff said.
Jennifer Lopez - should never leave the house in anything but a ball gown.
Martin Scorcese - Finally! So well deserved!
Mark Wahlberg - GRRRRR…

Ok.. that’s all on that for now. I’ll be honest. I fell asleep before any of the big awards came on and boy was I getting frustrated. The show didn’t end until 12:30ish!!! I mean, the only awards that were real surprises were Best Picture and Alan Arkin’s upset of Eddie Murphy for Best Supporting Actor. I’m pretty happy with both winners so I can’t complain.

It’s gonna be a long night here tonight. I have a closing tomorrow and things aren’t even close to done so I’ll try to post more later on, as I have yet to give you my Grey’s Anatomy opinion. I know it’s what you’re waiting for. Happy Monday!!!!!

No comments: