Sunday, November 26, 2006

We lost him

Carlos Lee went to the Houston Astros. Guess we're starting over again at the Winter Meetings. Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise but if I know my O's, it's probably one hell of a setback!

Thanksgiving went really well. It was really loud, and full of competitions (darts, ping-pong and pool) but it was fun. Food was good, that's for sure. My Aunt Colleen (my great-aunt really) asked if J. was Amish, thanks to his too large for his face goatee. It did lighten the mood a bit. That and the fact that everyone in the family has taken to calling him Curtis, instead of his real name. At least this way they won't slip and call him Jason!

The day after Thanksgiving I did nothing but watch an America's Next Top Model marathon of Season one and went to bowling. I bowled pretty well and won some money but decided to stay home that night to avoid spending any of it. Instead, I cleared out the DVR so all that's left are back episodes of Heroes for Tre to watch.

Saturday I had lunch with my friend Crystal from college and her 6 week old son, Ben. He's an absolute cutie and was very good. He barely made a peep the whole time we were at lunch. It was niced to catch up with her and we decided that YES, we are going to Ireland. Now I just need to get the time off from work, which could be interesting considering it's a school break and I know they don't want to give it to me. At least it gives me motivation to stay at this job.. just long enough to take my trip! Am I really actively looking for something else? No... but if an opportunity comes along I won't pooh-pooh it like I did the last one. Anyway, I spent the night catching up on my Netflix watching.. FINALLY! I watched "The Upside of Anger" which was pretty good. It was the first thing I taped when I got my Tivo set up earlier this year, but I never got to watch it. After that I watched Failure to Launch with Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew McConaughey. It wasn't great, but it was a slightly entertaining way to spend an hour and a half. To round out my night I watched Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. I had never seen it and I have to admit, it was pretty funny. Actually, I find it even funnier now that I know Neil Patrick Harris is gay.

Jason (the knocker upper) made me a copy of the new Chris Daughtry cd. I"m a little upset that I never heard anything about it coming out. I mean, you would think there'd be a little more publicity reagarding its release but there wasn't. I will more than likely still buy the CD (eventually) because I sure do want to see the cover art!!! But anyway, it's actually a pretty good disc. Granted, I'd listen to (and watch) that man sing the phone book so maybe I'm not hte best judge.

I hate to disappoint, but I really didn't take that many pictures from the party or Thanksgiving so I'm afraid there isn't much to show. However, the party was a success and we had a great time. Beer pong was played and lots of alcohol was consumed: Both benchmarks of a great party!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and try not to remember that tomorrow is the start of another work week.

No comments: