Tuesday, November 07, 2006

It's a world of laughter, a world of tears


What I’m really trying to say is, WOW what a small world it can be. Case in point: On Friday, I had the following conversation with my ex, Jason (ya know, the knocker upper).

K: So, how’re things on the job front?
J: I start at Hannaford on Tuesday.
K: The new store in Valatie or the Distribution Center in Schodack?
J: Distribution Center.
K: Oh really? Which department?
J: Grocery. 9-5:30
K: That sounds great. Congrats!
J: So, you still making the mistake with that guy?
K: The one that works at the Hannaford Distribution Center? Yeah… I am.

You got it.. Jason is now going to be working in the same building as J. And I know for a fact that J. helps out in grocery quite a bit when he gets his other work done so it’s pretty much inevitable that their paths are going to cross. Here’s the rest of the conversation:

J: I don’t want to know.
K: I had no plans on telling you so that works out just fine.
J: Well, when you’re done with him, make sure you don’t let me take you out to dinner?
K: (I’ll bite) Why?
J: Because I’m going to ask you to marry me. The ring will be nice.
K: Um.. yeah.. I’m not really into hand me downs (he’s been engaged before) and oh yeah, what in the name of God would make you think I’d say yes!?
J: Well, I just have to try.
K: Don’t bother - I don’t want to be a stepmother.
J: I’ll sign away my rights.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? Granted, I think I’m a catch, but this is ridiculous. So, I told J. about the situation because I didn’t want him to find out any other way. He’s not really the jealous type at all but I explained it to him just like I explained it to you, my minions, and he didn’t take too kindly to being called “a mistake.” He then got a very evil grin on his face, which he accentuated by letting out an evil laugh and saying “yeah, I think I’ll make his life a living hell.” I don’t think he’ll say anything to Jason, but he certainly won’t be overly nice to him. Plus, if Jason has the balls or stupidity to say something to him, he’s not going to sugar coat his view on the situation. It has the potential to be very entertaining. Today is Jason’s first day and J. is on vacation till Sunday, so there’s still time to get your popcorn and your front row seat. I’m sure there’ll be more on the developing situation in the next few weeks. If not, then I underestimated both of them!

No comments: