Thursday, November 16, 2006

Didn't see that one coming....

No, I’m not talking about Dancing with the Stars (we’ll get to that). I’m talking about the double elimination on Top Chef! I really don’t know why I didn’t think the judges would do that, especially when the chefs were paired up but I was really floored by it. I felt kind of bad for Josie, because while I think Marisa has been asking for it since the beginning (it’s pretty bad when a pastry chef can’t put out a good dessert), Josie has never faltered… Until she sent out pink soup… and had three hours to cook and didn’t cook anything! Of the three groups that were standing there, I would say they were the most deserving to go. The show was pretty good last night. Sam won the quickfire challenge which basically had the chefs making a dish out of the leftover pieces of animals that no one wants. Apparently Sam had a slight advantage as he’s done this before, but who cares? No one wants to kick off the eye candy! Would I have eaten anything they made? No, but I’m not a very fancy schmancy restaurant type of gal. I still insist my wedding will be catered by Wendy’s and the appetizers will include pigs in a blanket and mozzarella sticks for everyone!!!!

But anyway, the elimination challenge consisted of the chefs pairing off. They picked their own partners so they have no one to blame but themselves. As much as I hate Marcel sometimes I really liked his prom analogy about being paired with Frank. Basically he said it’s like getting asked by someone when you’re kind of holding out for something better to come along, but you don’t want to be dateless so you say yes. They were at Social Restaurant and had to cook a lunch for 60 people, hosted by Jennifer Coolidge (for you Neanderthals, that’s Stiffler’s mom). Anyway, each group had to cook a course but all hell broke loose in the kitchen and no one was talking to anyone else about what they were making so the meal didn’t necessarily flow as the judges had hoped... or at all for that matter. The chefs could only use the leftovers from last night’s dinner and whatever was in the pantry, fridge, etc. I guess there were more things they could have used and didn’t, so the judges weren’t real pleased about that! Anyway, the top 2 were (believe it or not) Michael and Ilan, and Sam and Cliff. Michael and Ilan ended up winning the challenge and Ilan was the big winner and is able to go to Miami and work some food and wine thing. Yay Ilan! The bottom three were Josie and Marisa, Carlos and Elia (who had one dish that never made it out under the time constraints), and Betty and Mia. Ooh.. I almost forgot about that. Mia is a two faced bitch! I really wanted her to go because she threw Betty in last week, but was all up her ass when she needed a partner this week.. arms around each other and everything! Marisa even said something during one of her interviews about it and while we know I hate her, I agreed with her 100%. But as I said, Josie and Marisa graciously went home. I will miss them. They were damn fine TV and I hope someone besides Marcel steps up the snark.

Time for training.. more later I promise!!!

No comments: