Thursday, November 16, 2006

To the Victor, go the spoils

Emmitt Smith was crowned the winner of this season of Dancing with the Stars, and rightfully so! Don’t get me wrong. I called Mario and Joey to be the front runners for the season, but I never expected Emmitt to A) have rhythm and B) to know how to use it! He really came a long way throughout the season and endeared himself to everyone as a really sweet and friendly guy. Perhaps that’s why there are already rumblings alluding to Emmitt hosting his own daytime talk show. But, I’m not one to gossip so you didn’t hear that from me!! I did not see the show on Tuesday night but they did enough recaps to bring me up to speed. Loved Emmit and his green shoes however, I felt everyone was hyping the performances up to be a little more than they were. I mean, yes, both Emmitt and Mario were good, but were there performances worth 10’s across the board? Probably not, or at least not in my humble opinion. I think Mario will be alright though.. I feel bad that he didn’t win because he and Karina did work really hard, but I’m sure he’ll get a hosting gig or a stint on Broadway and he IS banging his gorgeously hot partner (no matter how much they deny it) so I think he’ll land on both feet… or her back… whatever floats their boat.

I had to flip back and forth between DWTS and America’s Next Top Model because it’s getting down to the wire and the twins are still there. I’m anxious to see who has to cut the cord first. Anyway, I didn’t get to see the challenge but I guess it had something to do with acting, because apparently models need to be able to act these days… Caridee won the challenge (have I mentioned how much I like her) and apparently also revealed she tried to kill herself once. Say it ain’t so, Caridee!!!! Anyway, Tyra then whisked our model wannabees off to Spain where they got to hang with male models.. Hard work huh? Apparently so for Jaeda, whose guy told her he doesn’t really like black women… or maybe just Jaeda. I don’t know. I didn’t see the whole episode. Anyway, the next day they had to shoot a commercial speaking Catalan. Do I know what it is? No, but at least I wasn’t trying to speak it. God, did they crash and burn! Melrose did really, really well but I adore how every week Nigel complains that she looks old. Anyway, it was hard to decide who did the most awful so it got down between Caridee and Jaeda. FINALLY, Jaeda and her non-haircut-liking ass were sent home. I can’t say I’ll miss her. I almost like everyone that’s left at this point and hope everyone steps it up and makes it a game!

On to baseball news: The O’s have acquired Jamie Walker from the Detroit Tigers in a three year deal for 11.5 million dollars. He’s a left-handed reliever and God knows we need relief! This could turn into a really good acquisition for the O’s and hopefully one that will bring some more pitching in. I’m pretty impressed that they’re making free agent deals and can’t wait to see what happens once the winter meetings. I’ve heard rumblings of talks with Carlos Lee which would definitely fill a hole.

No comments: