Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Departed

was SOOOOOO worth the wait! What a great movie. I am far from a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio (he ranks just below Kirsten Dunst on my "Actors I Hate" list), but he's working real hard at turning me around. Dont' get me wrong, I'm not running out to see "Blood Diamond" anytime soon, but I can see where any Oscar buzz is coming from for this movie. I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but nothing is sexier than Matt Damon as a cocky villain and Mark Wahlberg with a shit load of attitude and a mouth full of f-bombs. It wasn't even hard to get through their thick Boston accents. The movie was two and a half hours long and I never once looked at my watch. Let me just say that if you get the opportunity to see this movie, grab a pile of popcorn and find a comfy seat (ours weren't so comfy in the little theater, but the popcorn was great!) because it's an awesome flick.

No comments: