Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Not what I expected...

Our big “office excursion” was a trip downstairs to 677 Prime for lunch. I was pretty excited because I’ve never been there and I heard their steak is to die for. As I’m thinking about what I’m going to order (we have yet to get a menu), the waiter puts down a bowl of cranberry sauce. Yep… we went to a steakhouse to get a turkey dinner…. the day before Thanksgiving. It was a great meal and beggars can’t be choosers, but wouldn’t you think you’d want something OTHER THAN turkey on the day before Thanksgiving? We did each get an assorted bag of Lindt Truffles though.. THAT was a nice surprise.

Now I’m getting harassed by the entire office because the HB has a distribution going out today and apparently, I could be one of the people that has to stay. FUCK THAT. Seriously… first of all, no one is going to look at this distribution until Monday so why rush everyone around and force them to stay late in order to get it out? Secondly, I already did what I have to do and the way I feel about it is that if no one brings me any work before 3:00, why should I have to ask around to see if I need to stay? If you didn’t need me in the last hour and a half, why would you need me after that? I really can’t wait to crack open that vodka bottle tonight. For a short week it’s sure been full of a pile of shit.

My plan after work is to run to the mall and try to exchange a dress I bought about a month ago. I got this really pretty lace cocktail dress, mainly because it was on sale for $24 when originally it was $69.00. Well, it was a size 14 and didn’t exactly fit, but I got it anyway (you know, the old “I’ll lose weight and fit into it deal”). Well, when I went to bring back the three dresses I ordered that didn’t fit, I found a size 16 in the same dress. So, I’m going back to see if it’s still there and hopefully (without a receipt) they’ll allow me to exchange it. I do have the tags still on the dress and I have my Macy’s credit card statement so I hope that’s enough. If not, I guess I’ll spend some time looking at dresses at Macy’s instead of exchanging one.

That’s all I’ve got. Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and I’ll catch ya up over the weekend. All hail Tryptophan!!!!!

No comments: