Monday, November 27, 2006

So what if it's the offseason?

Harold Baines (1)Albert Belle (2)Dante Bichette (1)Bert Blyleven (10)Bobby Bonilla (1)Scott Brosius (1)Jay Buhner (1)Ken Caminiti (1)Jose Canseco (1)Dave Concepcion (14)Eric Davis (1)Andre Dawson (6)Tony Fernandez (1)Steve Garvey (15)Rich Gossage (8)Tony Gwynn (1)Orel Hershiser (2)Tommy John (13)Wally Joyner (1)Don Mattingly (7)Mark McGwire (1)Jack Morris (8)Dale Murphy (9)Paul O'Neill (1)Dave Parker (11)Jim Rice (13)Cal Ripken (1)Bret Saberhagen (1)Lee Smith (5)Alan Trammell (6)Devon White (1)Bobby Witt (1)

The above listed men are all the nominees for the 2007 induction in the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown. No matter what I will be there with bells on because I can’t imagine Cal not getting in on his first try! LOTS of first-timers that might have had a shot, had they not come in the same year as Cal and Tony Gwynn. You have to feel bad for the guys whose names have been on the ballot for quite some time and I would love for this to be the year Don Mattingly gets some love…. but I don’t see it happening. Sorry Donny Baseball.. maybe next year! And Paul O’Neill can sit his whiny ass down too.. this is so NOT your year. I’d say I was sorry to the Yankee fans but I’m not. I mean, how often is an event like this going to happen to an Orioles fan!? No offense, but I’m not going to hold my hand on my ass waiting for Harold Baines to get into the hall, know what I’m saying? We don’t have much coming up so I will start living this now and let it get me through all of 2007! That said, there are a couple of former O’s on the list, but only one that really matters and that is my man Cal.

Speaking of baseball, it seems the O’s have come to terms (pending a physical) with Danys Baez on a three year deal worth 19 million dollars. Baez is a 29 year old reliever who spent last season with the Braves and Dodgers. He did pretty well with Tampa Bay in 2005, earning a spot on the All Star team, so maybe all he needs is the AL East to thrive. God, let’s hope so! Baez is pretty easy on the eyes too.. Hell, if we can't have a good team we can at least have a good looking team, right!? Perhaps that'll be my new venture - a Baltimore Orioles calendar.. topless of course.

No comments: