Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Tough time getting over the hump

I went on a posting rampage yesterday so I guess I'm making up for it today by being a bit of a slacker. Not too much going on after yesterday's elections and bomb dropping of the Spederline divorce, but I'll do what I can.

Last night I went to trivia night at Hooters. Yep... Hooters. I'm not a real feminist so I don't have a problem with Hooters. If you want to put your ta-ta's out there for men to ogle to make some money, so be it. I wish I had the body to be able to make money off my ta's. Hell, if I did I'd probably never wear clothes. Anyway, a few weeks ago J. had asked if I'd want to go because it's trivia and beer (two of my favorite things!). Last night we decided to do it mainly because he's on vacation this week and he could drink, which is a rarity. Know what that means? The only one of the group that had to work got to drive. Yep, that was me. I'm beginning to think there was an ulterior motive to him asking me to go although he INSISTS it's because of my trivia prowess. Regardless, he promised me dinner and nothing beats a Hooters grilled cheese sandwich. Seriously... it's pretty damn good! So it turned out to be me, J. and three of his guy friends and let me tell you, the car ride in the rain with four guys in my car was entertaining and educational. I won't go into details but I heard words I've never heard before, used in contexts I'd never dreamed! I was pretty wary of going but I ended up being well entertained and had a good time. We hardly played the trivia because we were sharing a table with a group of people but we did get some answers in. It was general trivia and I'm more of a pop culture/movies/music type of gal. However, thanks to my sister I knew that St. Bonaventure is in New York State and I also knew that there are 30 "answers" on the Jeopardy board. It was my first time, cut me some slack! We were home around 10 and even though I told J. it was completely fine if he wanted to hang out and booze with his budddies, he came home with me and proceeded to force me to go to bed at 11. Turned the lights out and everything because ONE TIME I said that I needed 8 solid hours of sleep. Seriously, since when do men listen to what women say... if it doesn't have to do with threesomes and blow jobs? Granted, he kept talking and keeping me awake, but eventually slumber took hold and I crashed out for the rest of the night.

What a dreary day it is in this neck of the woods. If you're a fan of The Office (as we all know I am), check out this link. I promise you'll be entertained.

The O's have released their schedule for the 2007 season. That's great, but I really want to know who's actually going to be playing at Camden Yards this season, cause God knows we need a change! Hopefully we'll be keeping Miggy and he'll be able to help bring some talent into the Yard. Free agency has just begun so maybe we can pick up a prospect or two and get rid of some dead weight (who shall remain nameless).

No comments: