Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I know I've been neglectful, but

things have been a little busy so I’ll try to give quick snippets of my weekend (and what’s going on in the world - like you care):

Friday - BUSY day at work. I spent the entire day drafting documents (this will come back to haunt me) and got done right at 5:30, giving me barely enough time to go home, eat and change for bowling. I actually bowled really well for the first time this year, breaking the 600 barrier that I’ve always had a mental block about. This was the only week where no money was involved so apparently I just have a complex about bowling for cash. Anyway, after that I went to the grocery store (yep, I’m a loser) and came home having no intentions of doing anything but catching up on my Netflix (as I’ve been talking about for WEEKS). Change in plans… I went to J.’s to drink with him and his buddy. Instead we drank, watched The Omen and J. passed out 10 minutes into the movie. It wasn’t a bad flick.. I think I only snuck in a nap right at the very end!

Saturday - Got up early to make macaroni and cheese for my friend’s mother’s 60th birthday party. It was an insanely busy day but the party was a good time. One of her friends got her a ZingaGram, which everyone found funny but the birthday girl! lol.. It was Sadie the Bag Lady and I admit, I was taken aback when she first walked through the door, but it was pretty entertaining and a good way to end the party. Really didn’t do anything that night. J. came over and we went to dinner. When we came home my sister, Danny and Joey decided it was time to play darts so we shot a couple of games (I won one) and then they went to see Saw III. Their initial idea was The Santa Clause III, but Danny wasn’t having it. So, J. and I watched Dateline. Well, I watched Dateline… he passed out (are you seeing a trend?). Earlier, Dateline had done another “To Catch A Predator” segment, which we all watched in awe. After that they had a special on a hostage situation from 2003 at Case Western Reserve University. I found it pretty interesting. I have this fascination with the hostage crisis at the Munich Olympics so I always find these types of situations really intriguing.

Sunday - I went to the craft fair at Hudson Valley Community College. Craft fairs are NOT my thing. I don’t have that “country” taste at all, but my mom offered me free lunch and a trip to Target so I figured I’d suck it up and go. I didn’t have a terrible time, as I’d expected. I mean, the crafts didn’t interest me, but I could have spent all day sampling the dips. They were GREAT! My mom actually bought me two bags of potato soup (which is my favorite). I got one but then found another that was 10 times better, so she got me both. That’s what moms are for! Anyway, when we got home it was time to put up the Christmas decorations. Normally my sister is a staunch, day after Thanksgiving kind of gal. But, we’re having people over for the holiday and prior so she wanted everything done so people could see them. The lights aren’t up yet, but the tree and all the other decorations are. The house actually looks quite nice. It’s pretty festive! Anyway, that night J. came over and bought three movies: Nacho Libre, Harold and Kumar go to White Castle and The Boondock Saints. I picked the shortest one because I was kind of tired, and that was Nacho Libre. Run, don’t walk, away from this movie! I LOVE Jack Black but this movie was terrible! J. fell asleep and when it was over could not believe that I thought it was that bad. It was kind of like a car accident - you just couldn’t turn away from it.

Well, that was the weekend - I’m pretty bored here today so unless I get swamped, more to come later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have picked Boondock Saints. I told you it was good - then again, I'm pretty partial to the Irish. :-)