Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tom Brokaw.. hmm.. I bet he's introducing Frost/Nixon... Holy crap, I'm right! I guess it wasn't too much of a stretch, but you never know! I'm not really interested in this film what with my lack of political interest, but it has caught my attention.. Mainly when Nixon asks Frost if he's fornicated the night before and that he says if the President does something illegal, it's not illegal.

OOH.. Colin Farrell.. UGH.. mustache :(. Best Foreign Language Film: The Baader Meinhof Complex (Germany), Everlasting Moments (Sweden/Denmark), Gomorra (Italy), I've Loved You So Long (France) and Waltz with Bashir. The award goes to Waltz with Bashir (Israel), but only after we find out Colin Farrell has a cold.. not whatever it used to be. I think that might be just a BIT too much information.

Aaron Eckhart and Maggie Gyllenhaal from The Dark Knight. I never quite know what to say about Maggie's dress choices. They're strange.. yet I somehow respect them in a weird way. Best Actress in a mini-series or TV Movie: Catherine Keener (An American Crime), Laura Linney (John Adams), Shirley Maclaine (Coco Chanel), Susan Sarandon (Bernard and Doris) and Judi Dench (Cranford). Laura Linney is the winner. I think she's on Inside the Actor's Studio this week and while I don't think I've ever watched a whole episode, but she seems very down to earth and funny. I guess asymmetrical lines are in this awards show season. Her dress is an interesting color.. Not something you see all the time and who would think it'd look nice on a blonde.

No comments: