Thursday, January 15, 2009

I saw a shooting star on my way home from work tonight. I don't know why I like them so much. They should probably freak me out since things in the sky, should not fall out of it. However, I let that rule slide for shooting stars. And yes.. I wish on them.

Also on my way home from work tonight, I was thinking about the situation between J and I, when "If This Is It" by Huey Lewis and the News came on my Ipod. I wonder if that's a sign...

My office is downstairs from a collection agency of some sort, and they have these parking spots right near the door for their "Top Collector (Simply the Best)." No one is ever parked in these spots.

My sister and I are having a "Passion Party" in February. We had an awesome party a few years ago at our old apartment, which is when the following picture happened:
This was in our apartment, after the party. I mean, after perusing sex toys and other such accessories, what do you do but go out drinking!? Well.. we did and when we came back my sister insisted I wouldn't be able to take her down, rugby style. Apparently the only real secret is "stay low," which I did... and subsequently jacked her up against the wall. Everything looked fine until she got up.. and that hole is what remained. When we got booted from the apartment shortly after thanks to my landlord's mid-life crisis, I had deep regret over fixing it. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, this party will be just as fun, minus the property damage.

Nytropalooza pulled out a 4-3 win last night and just may have found ourselves a new goalie. As I said last week, our goalie quit this session so we've been trying to persuade someone to play goal so the rest of us don't have to. We convinced one of my sister's old players to play and then one of our other players stepped in for the second half. She did really well and we were all impressed with her shutout half. When we commended her on a job well done she said "well, I played keeper all through high school. I really never set foot on the field." Um.. WHAT? So yeah.. she found a new (old) position and I feel pretty confident with her in the goal! I'm really getting close to scoring a goal, but unfortunately it has yet to happen and my streak is still intact.
Diablo Cody, the screenwriter of Juno and Entertainment Weekly columnist, has scored a guest starring role on 90210. She's previously written about her love for the old show and her willingness to enjoy the new. I have a feeling she's more than excited, as it's an episode Jason Priestley is directing.

I was telling you about the Broadway skit on SNL the other night with Neil Patrick Harris as Mark from Rent. Here's what Anthony Rapp, who played Mark on Broadway and in the movie, had to say about NPH's impression of him.

Michael Scott certainly doesn't needs someone else to butt heads with, but one has been cast anyway.

So yeah.. a plane crashed into the Hudson River just outside Manhattan this afternoon. It seems the plane hit a flock of geese, forcing it to crash into the river. Luckily (and miraculously) no one on the plane was hurt!I have a friend who works in the city and travels alot, so I emailed him to be sure he was ok. For once he was in his office and not out and about, so he's just fine!

Ariane finally got the boot on Top Chef. I have to say, I kind of liked all the chefs at this point and was sad to see anyone go. While Ariane had redeemed herself, I still think she was probably the least talented of the bunch (which means a whole lot coming from the girl who only recently learned what a double burner was), but I don't think she deserved to go entirely. She kind of got hosed by Leah and I'm surprised she didn't get the boot. Course, once her boyfriend watches the show she probably WILL get the boot from him, if she hasn't already. Ditto for Hosea and his girlfriend. When will people realize that if you cheat in any way, shape or form on reality television, it's gonna get back to the person you've betrayed? I would think that one would be a no-brainer.

Anyway, it's been one hell of a week and I really can't wait for it to be over. I'm just going to watch Grey's (or as my co-worker says "the sci-fi version of Grey's") and hit the hay. I'll try to post this weekend, as my social calendar is somewhat... empty. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: