Sunday, January 11, 2009

Eva Longoria sure is gunning for Best Dressed. That dress is AMAZING.. I'm pretty sure we won't hear any pregnancy rumors after tonight! She and Simon Baker introduce Rumer Willis as Miss Golden Globe, with mom Demi Moore blowing her kisses.

Best Supporting Actor: Nominees are Neil Patrick Harris, Denis Leary (for Recount), Jeremy Piven (WE ALL KNOW WHO I"M ROOTING FOR), Blair Underwood, Tom Wilkinson (for John Adams). The award goes to... Tom Wilkinson. Damnit! I knew it would happen, but I can still be disappointed. I hate that TV miniseries and movies go along with shows. I don't think it's fair and I never have, not just because my main man Piven won. I would feel the same way even if NPH won.. and I would have been happy, cause he's a funny funny guy! I really enjoyed watching him on SNL last night. His skit about Broadway was absolutely hysterical! It would have been kind of cool if NPH had won too, considering he's the only nominee that wasn't on an HBO production.

Ooh.. they get to give out the award for Best Supporting Actress too: Eileen Atkins (Cranford?), Laura Dern (Recount), Melissa George (In Treatment), Rachel Griffiths (Brothers and Sisters) and Dianne Wiest (In Treatment). Yeah.. I don't really care who wins, but the Golden Globe goes to Laura Dern.. I'm cool with that. I haven't seen Recount, but I heard good things about it and I really like her. She was Miss Golden Globe in 1982. She shouldn't look that good. Forget what I said.. I hate her. Then again, I'm not a fan of the dress or the hair so maybe I'll let this win slide. So, the guy who directed Austin Powers directed Recount huh? Interesting..

First political statement of the year. I guess it's appropriate that it's by a woman who starred in a movie named "Recount."

No comments: