Monday, January 26, 2009

I haven't had time to post, cause I had such a busy weekend! Friday night was bowling, where I.. well.. bowled like crap. I hung out at the bowling alley for a bit, as it was Jason's birthday, and hit the hay earlier than I expected, which wasn't a bad thing. Saturday morning I got up, jumped on the treadmill for a bit and caught up on all my shows. I'm starting to think that's what Saturdays are good for! We left around 5 to head up to Schenectady for dinner and Avenue Q.

Dinner was.. well.. a clusterfuck. It was FREEZING outside and the wind was whipping, so the two block walk to Pinhead Susan's felt like 20 miles. Unfortunately, we didn't make reservations, so it was going to be a 45 minute wait. There were a few other places around, so we decided to try somewhere else. The next place we went to (Katey O'Byrnes?) also had a 45 minute wait. I could tell everyone was getting irritated and I felt bad, but there wasn't much I could do! We ended up with a table at The Grogg Shoppe, where the poor waitress seemed to be on her own for the whole place. She was just completely overwhelmed and I think we were really good about giving her the benefit of the doubt, instead of being bitchy. I was overly thrilled about my cheeseburger and fries (yep.. I cheated) and everyone else ordered their meals, some of which were dinners. We only had about an hour and a half before the show, and it was nice of the waitress to come out and let us know that dinners would never be done in time for the show. So, everyone grudgingly changed their orders, but it worked out, as the burgers were really good. I mean.. yes, we were starving so we probably would have eaten the ass out of a dead rhino, but I think they were still pretty good burgers. We made it back to Proctor's with plenty of time to spare, and even had a few beers during the show.

The show was sooo funny! I was so glad to hear everyone around me laughing, as I was the one who basically cajoled everyone into going to the show. From the first song to the last, the laughs never stopped. I am so used to hearing the voices from the Broadway show so it was a little bit of a different experience for me (and there were some changes that had to be made in the last few years), but I really enjoyed it and found myself sitting on my hands so I wouldn't poke everyone to let them know what fun was coming next! Everyone had a great time and I think I've redeemed myself from the Rent Debacle of 200something (I picked it.. I loved it... Everyone but Danny and I HATED it).

I spent Sunday down in Kingston watching Jason and some of the other guys bowl. They bowled like crap so they weren't quite as tense as normal, and I was having a great time. However, I had to come home cause my mom had made dinner, which was an AWESOME weight watchers chicken tetrazzini recipe. I'm not kidding.. it was REALLY good! It's way better than the easy macaroni and cheese I prepared tonight. I mean.. it's as close to mac and cheese as I'm getting so beggars can't be choosers, but it's not MY crazy cheesy mac and cheese! I cheated a little bit this weekend (I can't resist french fries..) but I still managed to lose another 2.4 pounds, which was more than I expected. I REALLY wanted a burrito from Moe's today, but since I did so well I really didn't want to cheat! I'd rather save all my points for Superbowl. I have no plans, but if something comes up, I want to be prepared!

I didn't make it on the treadmill tonight, and I feel like such a slacker. I'm heading up to Sue's tomorrow night so I guess I'll have to do my running when I get back from her place. It's so nice to have a treadmill in your house, especially since I won't get home till at least 9:30 - 10:00.

When I first started watching this, I wasn't really interested, but it turned out to be pretty entertaining. Give it a chance!

As usual, I lost my post-it note of things to post about. Well, that's not entirely true. It's just.. dated, since I started it on Friday.

This is a shame, but it makes sense.

OMG.. I don't know if anyone watched Private Practice this past week, but I was REALLY glad I had the house to myself, because I BAWLED for the last 15 minutes of the show, if not more. I'm serious.. I sobbed myself to sleep. I fully admit I'm an emotional girl, but that was crazy. I could NOT stop crying..

I watched On the Waterfront last night (finally), and it was really good. Black and white movies have got to be good to keep my attention. I guess I'm just a color movie snob! I'm still not 100% sure if I find young Marlon Brando attractive. I know he was this amazing sex symbol and all but I just don't see it. Maybe he's not my type.. which I guess is ok at this point, considering he's dead.

The Real World's 22nd season will take place in Cancun. From what I've seen of this season, it didn't seem quite as.. well.. skanky as the previous, but I'm sure Cancun will change that in a heartbeat.

Time for me to get a move on. I'm beat from cooking and grocery shopping.. two things I'm not very good at and don't enjoy doing! Hope your week started off great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, I loved Rent too!