Sunday, January 11, 2009

My gay friend Chris says Drew Barrymore's hair is retro. I do not agree. I think it's more wind tunnel. Other than that, she looks amazing!

Ricky Gervais is up next, and I think he has a drink in his hand as he's shushing everyone. That's why the Globes are better than the Oscars. He's a little peeved that he's not nominated, but apparently gave Kate Winslet good advice: Holocaust movies mean awards! Now the men on his shoulders are talking to him. It's getting a little scary.. come to find out he's there to introduce the nominated film "Happy-Go-Lucky," which I think actually played in Hudson for like.. a day.

UGH.. I loathe the Jonas Brothers.. I don't exactly know why, but I just do. Obviously, they're here to introduce the nominees for Outstanding Animated Feature: Bolt, Wall-E and Kung-Fu Panda. I'm kinda peeved that I haven't seen any of them. I'm way behind on my children's movies. The award goes to... Wall-E! I think it's hysterical that animated films have directors. I just don't get it.. Someone explain it to me!

Johnny Depp, looking only slightly skanky. I don't know what that facial hair is, but apparently everyone loves him. He never did it for me. Anyway, the nominees for Best Supporting Actress are: some girl from Vicky Cristina Barcelona, some girl from Happy-Go-Lucky, Meryl Streep from Mama Mia, Emma Thompson from Last Chance Harvey and Frances McDormand from Burn After Reading. Sally Hawkins from Happy-Go-Lucky is the surprise winner. Poor girl has no idea where she's going to get to the stage and all these celebrities are stopping her. She is completely starstruck and it's kind of adorable! Ugh.. I hate it when they cry. I have no f'n clue who she is, but I have tears in my eyes and will probably bawl my brains out before the night is through. Emma Thompson checks to see if she's ok, but I really think she might faint. I wonder if anyone has! At least she remembered to pick the award back up after she put it down.. that's a plus!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

ohh..Sally Hawkins was in the BBC Production of Persuasion that PBS Masterpiece Theater broadcast last year about this time. She was kind of mouth-breathy and plain looking with SEVERE hair, but I think I liked her on account of that. A romance where the doofy looking dame gets the guy--sweeet. So I'm kinda glad to hear she won a Globe ...probably for the same reason..I haven't seen Happy-Go-Lucky so have no idea if she *really* deserved it or not.
Man, I'm kinda vexed now that I missed the Golden Globes. Don't let me forget the Oscars 'kay??