Thursday, September 27, 2007

So close...

yet so far away. That's how we felt at our soccer game last night. We ended the first half up 2-1 and then we lost it. Literally.. I don't know what happened to us but we couldn't have scored even if there wasn't a goalie. The other team kept getting these ridiculous shots off. I'm talking shots that didn't even look like they had a chance.. completely lucky! We lost 6-2 and boy was the other team pushy! However, when we pushed them back, they got all mouthy and mad. This woman got in my sister's face and it was ridiculous, but funny to watch. I got leveled by a woman EASILY twice my size. She knocked me down and then came down right on top of me. I let out a preemptive "ouch," right before she toppled over me. It was not fun, but Tre said it was pretty funny to watch. My turf burn says otherwise. It was a disappointing loss for us, but I think it'll motivate us even more next week and we're even going to put people in the positions they want to be in.. That's a start. After the game a few of us went to my friend and teammate, Allyson's house to chill out in her hot tub. It felt soooo good and I didn't want to get out. We were in there for at least two hours.. drinking beers and chatting. I'm pretty sure I was half in the bag when I got home but I had a really good time.

I was right about Dancing with the Stars: Josie Maran was the first to go, and rightfully so. As a model, you don't really have much of a fan base, so it surprised me that Marc Cuban was in the bottom two and not Albert Reed (I think.. I'm just stealing this from the internet.. I wasn't home to watch the actual show).

My friend Allyson is an X-ray tech, and she was telling me how wonderful it is and how much they make while we were sitting in the hot tub. I've always thought it would be a cool job, but I've never been so great at math or science so I never even gave it another thought. I did look up course listings and stuff online today, just to see. I'd have to do a lot of research on it (and go to school full time) but who doesn't want to wear scrubs to work every day!? Oh, the money I would save and the extra I would make!!!

Perhaps it was the 5 Amstel Lights I had last night, but I'm having a little trouble getting through this day, so I should immerse myself in the work I have to do. Tonight consists of Moxie's pizza with my parents, a hair cut (I've gone almost two months without one) and weight lifting with Tre.. My big decision is do I watch The Office or Grey's Anatomy!? Oh yeah.. never a dull moment with me..

No comments: