Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I really thought

we were over this kind of behavior. Apparently I have given the US more credit than it deserves.

In more entertaining news, Kathy Griffin earned an Emmy for her reality show "My Life on the D-List." She also earned the wrath of religious zealots the world over for her acceptance speech, which will not be shown in its entirety during Sunday's Creative Arts Emmys broadcast. Granted, I have a soft spot for her, but I'm surprised this is such a big deal. She's a comedienne, and her job is to make jokes. I don't know why people would expect anything less from her. Regardless, I love the show and send my congratulations to Kathy, who also made an appearance on Ellen yesterday that I managed to catch. It was pretty funny as Ellen was trying to make her say nice things about the tabloid bail she uses in her act. She tried, but it was to no avail.

I started doing some football picks through Yahoo.com this year, regardless of my lack of football knowledge. I'm happy to say that I was not the lowest point getter this week. I actually did quite well and got 9 of 16 points which is way better than I expected. If anyone wants to school me on spreads and that kind of thing, feel free to enlighten me. Personally, I think they're crap cause whoever wins, should win, but that's just silly me! Regardless, I'm still going to love Peyton Manning more than the sport of football, and hopefully people will continue to understand that. I'm a baseball girl,regardless of my team and their steroid dalliances (you know who you are, Jay Gibbons) and I intend to stay that way.

I'm not saying I'm giving up on the O's, but when your star second baseman is having an MRI for an earache, you know things can't get much worse.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

LOL! OMG - your blog is so funny! I love reading it!