Friday, September 14, 2007

Absolutely amazing...

That's what Daughtry was. I'd heard from people that went to see him at SPAC that he sucked live. I don't know where they could have possibly gotten that from, because the show was great. The opening band (the sunstreak) were awful. Ok, that's a lie.. the BAND wasn't awful, but the lead singer was atrocious. Their bass player should have sang the entire time because he was TONS better than the real lead singer. The only reason people were clapping was because they knew if they got them off the stage, Daughtry would soon come on. Plus, they didn't come on until 8:30 and they were so not worth the wait.

Not only was Chris Daughtry easy on the eyes, but he sounds phenomenal. Some bands just don't sound good live, but that was not the case here. The whole concert was basically a sing along. If he stopped, the whole place had the lyrics down, regardless of whether the song had been released as a single. My only regret was not bringing my camera. Silly me for obeying the rules that said you couldn't bring them in. There isn't really a bad seat in the Palace Theater and I KNOW I could have gotten some great shots. They kicked off the show with "Crashed" and the intensity never let up. And let me just say, that boy sure knows how to use a bullhorn! The band itself was really great. Lots of energy and sounded fantastic! Chris Daughtry didn't take off his shirt but his bass player did, which was just as good. He reminded me of Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers but in a WAY more attractive way. I can't WAIT until he comes around again (although he's been to the area three times this year, so I don't anticipate him coming back until he has a new album to promote). Whatever, it's so worth the wait.

I didn't get home until 11:30 and probably didn't get to sleep until 12. It's been a very late night and early morning kind of week for me, so I'm looking forward to getting some sleep this weekend. Then again, I guess you can sleep when you're dead, right!? I'm working at a golf tournament tomorrow (in the freezing cold and rain, I'm sure) so I won't get to catch up quite yet, but maybe Saturday night into Sunday, unless something comes up! I was considering picking up my So You Think You Can Dance tickets this afternoon so (if anyone wants them) I can give out information on them. However, driving to Latham on a Friday afternoon and having to be back for bowling doesn't seem very feasible, so I guess it'll wait until Monday. Again, if anyone's interested, drop me a line (PLEASE). Enjoy your weekend regardless!!!

PS - I wasn't home to watch, but it's Dick and Daniele in the finals for Big Brother. Could it be more anticlimactic. I mean, I'd be SHOCKED if anyone in the jury house voted for Dick to win. Daniele might not have stuck to her word all the time, but at least she didn't berate people and insult them throughout the whole show. I'm sure they concocted some sort of deal to split the money in some way, which would be fair. I mean, it's doubtful that one would have gotten that far without the other in their corner. (that's just my opinion, Amy O... don't hate..)

No comments: