Thursday, September 06, 2007

An illustrious anniversary

12 years ago today I can remember what I was doing: I had just started my second year at Columbia Greene (and was playing soccer - yikes) and was working the snack bar at the bowling alley for the Wednesday night leagues. Well, I ended up shutting down the snack bar and bawling my brains out for a solid half hour or more.. Why kids? Cause today is the day that Cal broke Lou Gehrig's consecutive games played record. He later took the streak from 2131 to 2632, but really, tonight is the night that will forever live in infamy and makes me cry everytime it's even mentioned. Granted, I'm a sap, but to any Oriole fan, it's a banner day. It's also the longest I've ever heard Chris Berman not say anything, and what fan of ESPN doesn't love that? ;)

No comments: