Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I'm about to lay the smack down

on the XM nation.. I don't know if I've been complaining about it on this blog, but it seems my XM radio has decided to work only when it feels like, which is basically.... NEVER! I changed the frequency a few times, I moved the antenna, but it's been to no avail. As of right now the only real reason I still have it is for Major League Baseball. I like listening to the Orioles games, regardless of the outcome. This glitch only began during the summer, but it's caused me to not even use it and it's been such a waste. If the monitor doesn't say "antenna" it says "no signal." I looked at the XM web site to see if they had any answers (they didn't) and I'm reluctant to hit up Radio Shack in the HUD because the store doesn't focus solely on XM so I'm pretty sure they're not going to know shit. So, what I'm trying to say is that if anyone knows ANYTHING about XM radio and has some ideas to help me out, feel free to drop me a comment or an email. I could certainly use the help.

Kiefer Sutherland got busted for DUI this morning in LA. Apparently he blew twice the legal limit after making an illegal U-turn. What is wrong with people in Hollywood!? Granted, I've never driven there, but it seems the "illegal U-turn" is what gets them every time! I mean... how hard can it be to pull into a parking lot or street to turn around!?

Heroes, as always, was phenomenal. I got home from Tre's soccer game (they won 2-1) and settled in to watch it around 9:30, so then I could watch without commercial interruption. Granted, there were very few commercial breaks, but even limited interruption irks me now! The title was "Four Months Later" and we're under the impression that everyone is going on with their lives, thinking Peter Petrelli and Sylar are dead. Yeah, if you really thought that you were wrong on both accounts. There are a few new heroes we're learning about, and Claire is trying to be "unremarkable" at her new California high school, which might be pretty hard when the boy who's seemingly wooing her is a hero himself. Hiro's Dad really is dead after a masked someone pushes him off a roof, and if the pictures are any indication, Mrs. Petrelli will be next. Nathan is an alcoholic mess and Hiro is disappointed by his own personal hero in Japan. Only four more episodes until Kristen Bell makes an appearance!! And oh yeah.. HRG has a name - Noah... it really doesn't suit him, but neither does his job at Copy Kingdom. Talk about unremarkable.. It was a great episode and reminded my why I'm ok with waiting all summer for it it come back and brighten up my Monday nights. I hope Santa thinks to get me the first season on DVD for Christmas (well, Santa or my imaginary boyfriend.. either one). I haven't gotten a chance to watch Dancing with the Stars yet, but I heard the women (with one exception) were pretty good. Apparently Josie Maran is a dancing trainwreck, much like Billy Ray Cyrus last year. However, I don't think she has the fan base to sustain her as long as she'd like. Damn shame too, cause I think she has a hot partner.... Tonight the men take to the floor and my mom is rooting for Cameron Mathison, as he's on he soap opera. Which one, I have no idea, but he's pretty easy on the eyes so I kind of hope he works it out.

What did people do when there was no internet? I imagine a shit load more work got done, don't you?

No comments: