Monday, July 03, 2006

What the hell am I doing here?

Yep. It’s the 3rd of July and here I am. At work. I’m not bitter. After all, it’s a dress down day and we’re having a pizza party. What am I, 12? I had every intention of posting last night but then I realized I was going to have to be here all day so I figured I’d wait it out and see what happened. I’m in the back corner all by myself so I could literally have a rocking dance party back here and I’m pretty sure no one would have a clue. I’m still considering it, although I’m listening to the Original Broadway Cast Recording of Rent which might be a little too depressing for a dance party. Guess I better hit shuffle on my Ipod to get me through this day.

Anyway, I should recap the weekend. Saturday morning I went over to the house to sand the walls of the spare room and my bedroom. I’m not one for manual labor, but I was doing a really good job and then the sander started to make a very strange noise, which I took to mean I’d overworked it (and myself) and I should go home. My sister just assumed I broke the sander. I beg to differ. That afternoon was my cousin’s graduation party and it’s always entertaining to get my family together. We had a good time and were feeling no pain when we left around 8:00. Directly following we went over to my friend Tara’s house and just sat around on her porch, drinking beer and margaritas. I was in bed by 11:30.

The Behr website has become the bane of my existence. It has this special section where you can actually go in and see the colors you pick on the walls. I changed everything. Same general idea, but the actual colors had to be changed. So irritating. I thought I had everything set and then I go through this web site and second guess everything I’d chosen. I finally gave up because I just didn’t want to deal with changing my mind anymore. I went to Home Depot (well, it was a family trip) on Sunday and bought the paint so there really isn’t any turning back now. Have I mentioned what a fan I’m NOT of Home Depot? I still need to find a sink and probably a toilet, but the one that’s in there seems to work, albeit a little rusty, so why waste my money?

Lynn’s wedding is this weekend and when I tried my dress on last night (after having it altered) it basically fell off me. I don’t think they’ll appreciate that in the church. I mean, I could probably get away with it at the reception but they shun nudity in the church as far as I know. So, there’s some more work to be done, a low backed bra and spanks to buy (gotta make sure everything stays in its rightful place) and a headband to get that I should have bought when I saw it a month ago cause god knows it won’t still be there when I go to get it this week.

I’m almost happy to be at work today, only because they are doing marathons of the worst shows ever on TV today. I had to watch the Today Show today instead of Buffy the Vampire Slayer because there is a King of the Hill marathon on FX. I’m not saying it’s a terrible show but, I hate it when my morning routine is broken. I tried to watch MTV and I was made a victim of a “Next” marathon. So not a good way to start a morning where you didn’t want to be up anyway.
Still haven’t seen “The Devil Wears Prada” and I admit, I’m slightly bitter about it. I don’t like going to the movies alone but when there’s something I really want to see I have no patience. I wonder if they’ll have a matinee tomorrow. Of course, I should do work on the house since Dad is actually sanding the floors today and the paint is just sitting there. I should also get some sun because even though I’ve been tanning for two months I still look freaking pasty. If anyone has information on sunless tanning please let me know, because I’m seriously considering doing it. Hope you all enjoy your days off. Feel free to drop me a line to keep me entertained and have a Happy 4th!!!!

No comments: