Monday, July 17, 2006

I have a question

Why does the soap in public bathrooms smell like Fruity Pebbles? I'm not kidding. I was in the bathroom at work today and I smelled a smelly smell. It took me a minute, but I realized that it was a smell from my childhood and that smell is Fruity Pebbles. It's a great smell, don't get me wrong, but Fruity Pebbles should not remind you of public urination.

I'm supposed to be watching the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie but I didn't get around to it. We're actually having a movie night for work and we're supposed to see the second one but it seems that everyone has already seen it (except for me because I knew it was the movie night movie so why would I see it beforehand?). So, they're thinking of switching the movie to The Devil Wears Prada which (as any of my blog readers should know) I've already seen. I don't mind going to see it again but it costs $7 to go see a movie down in Hudson and at least $11 to see it in Albany. Not to mention I don't understand the concept of seeing a movie without popcorn (what's the point) and you know it's gonna cost you $5 for a small soda. But, in the name of all that's employable, I'm sure I'll still go. It'd look bad if I backed out now, am I right? So anyway, since I didn't watch the first movie and everyone says you HAVE to see the first before the second, I almost hope they change the movie, that's my point.

Remember the post about me being an awful painter? That still holds true. I thought maybe it was a one day thing... nope! I'm bad. The bathroom color is amazing and hopefully will look good when it's done, but the first coat just looks, well, atrocious. I think it's probably because I did the edging first around the whole room and then went back and did the actual wall so, the edges look a bit darker I also think it had something to do with the fact that the roller was still a little wet. I'm not sure if that makes a difference but (to my untrained eye) it seemed like it did. There is paint all over the bathroom and all over me. Thank god it's water based and that I'm painting the floor and getting rid of the sink because they both now look like the church in Steel Magnolias. I just mean swathed in pink, not necessarily "blush" and "bashful."

I got the call today regarding an audition for a local production of the Will Rogers Follies. A friend of mine is choreographing it and she asked me if I'd audition. I'm really looking forward to doing it. She said if I wanted to audition for a singing part I was more than welcome to, but I got over that whole singing anywhere but my car and the shower in high school so I think I'll just dance! I'll keep you posted on that. The show is October 27th and they're talking about having rehearsals at least twice a week starting in August. Should be interesting. I'm wondering if I'm really able to commit to that much, only because it's still summer and ball isn't over until later on in August. Luckily, I'm a quick learner so I hope that'll help!

Oh well, time to finish my laundry and get my shit together for my ball game tomorrow. I really hope it rains because if we have to play ball in this blistering heat I might die. Ok, not literally, but it won't be a pretty sight and isn't co-ed softball all about the pretty? If you've ever seen some of the teams we play against, you would completely understand the sarcasm that statement is laced with. Congrats - your Monday is over.

No comments: