Friday, July 21, 2006

Finally, it's Friday!


Here’s a little eye candy for the ladies. Mr. Bobblehead himself and the future Mr. Nytransky. Then again, I guess I could change my name to his cause I’ve always been looking for a nice Smith or Jones to alleviate the torture of listening to telemarketers butcher the hell out of it. Anyway, if I had an extra $200 laying around I would be more than happy to attend Brian's Baseball Bash on Sunday August 20th (as his arm candy, of course) and meet a plethora of Orioles but alas, he hasn’t asked me. I’ll live, plus unless it rains I have a softball tournament that weekend and I can’t let my team down considering I’m good for one play every six games. I mean, those are good odds! lol.. But anyway, the O’s have Bedard starting tonight (who may be our only hope at this point) against Fossum of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, who really should have had his head shot picture retaken cause WOW…. he looks like he just walked out of a West Virginia mine and said “I bet I can throw that ball past the mountains.” (I mean no offense to miners with that comment, as I’m sure my blog has been perpetuated by miner comments). So, let’s see if Bedard can pull out a win tonight and give me a good start to my weekend.

Anyway, let’s get to the real news: TV!!!! I did not have a chance to post my thoughts on Project Runway so here they are, better late than never. I was not a Malan fan but I’m disappointed to see him leave this early because I think he could have been a bit of a troublemaker. His pretentious accent and vampire like looks aside, I thought he had a lot of potential. If you watched the casting special you would see that he’s auditioned every year and actually made it on the show last year but turned them down. I have a feeling Tim Gunn and the others had that warm, fuzzy feeling in their stomachs when he got the boot. I mean, come on! That dress was heinous! I loathe Vincent and Angela but at least their (Ok, Vincent’s) dress was something a woman could wear and not look like a potato (minus the unflattering epaulets of course). I think it would have been pretty sad if Kayne (that’s his name, right? Who names their kid Kayne?) hadn’t won considering his extensive pageant background! I will miss Malan cause I think he might have had a bit of a Santino effect (although no one will ever imitate Tim Gunn as Santino did) and now I have to rely on Jeffrey to do so because it seems Keith (who looks to be getting a bit snarky in the next episode) is the culprit behind the whole “I have to ask you to leave” on the promo and will be departing in the near future. Apparently (innocent until proven guilty) he stole some of his designs from ones already on the runway for established designers. Guess we have to wait and see what happens but I’ll be sad to see him go too, mainly because it looks like he’s gonna get bitchy and isn’t that the fun of Project Runway in the first place?

Last night was Wing Night so I didn’t get to see the Results special of So You Think You Can Dance but I do know who got kicked off: Martha and Dmitry, he of the chest baring outfits and apparently heterosexual orientation. I’m not sure if any of the boys left are gay, straight or asexual but I still don’t think it was his time. He’s a classically trained ballroom dancer and I guess they don’t see him loosening up much and America likes their dancers “controversial.” Martha’s solo was atrocious and jerky and she really did deserve to leave because all the other girls did pretty well with their own solos. So, now we’re down to 8 and I’m curious to see who gets paired with who for next week. Contrary to my previous post, I do like watching Heidi dance so I wouldn’t mind if her and Travis got to stick together for another week, but we’ll have to wait until next week to see what happens. A TV show I did NOT miss last night was The World Series of Pop Culture, now on its regular night and time of 10:00 on Thursday. I really couldn’t believe some of the questions people were missing. I understand that being on that stage under the lights with all sorts of people watching you is a lot of pressure but the earlier questions are just so easy that I can’t see how you can go on stage at this level and not hazard a guess. I’m not gonna lie; I didn’t know what team Tony had played baseball for on Who’s the Boss (St. Louis Cardinals) or the drag names on Bosom Buddies (Buffy and Hildegarde) but other than that I pulled some stuff out of my ass and if this rolls around again, I’m recruiting Chris and Sandra as my partners. I don’t know if we could come up with as good a name as Peanut Butter and Ginelli, but I’m willing to give it a shot.

It’s Friday, thank god and I can’t wait to get out of here today. I have the Huey Lewis concert on Sunday and some painting to do in the house this weekend. There might be a painting party this weekend so bring your brushes and we’ll bring the brew! lol.. Enjoy your weekends and I’ll let you know how things go in the very near future. TGIF!

No comments: