Monday, July 24, 2006

What a show!


Wow! The show last night was amazing! I didn’t get home until 12:30 (a half hour of that was just getting from SPAC to 87 but that’s to be expected) and I’m pretty tired today. Looks like it’ll be a Red Bull kind of day (Sorry Sandra)! Anyway, Huey performed first and there really was no fanfare. He just came out on stage by himself and played the harmonica for a bit before the band came out and then it was on! I knew every single song and sang along the whole time. The seats we had were really good too. They were in front of the stage in the second tier, so I had a really good view. Let me tell you something… Huey Lewis has aged really well! I mean, he looks phenomenal and sounds exactly like he did in 1984. I think it would be a great concert for anyone to go to because I’m sure you don’t realize how many of his songs you really know. The high point for me (as it always is) is the section where they sing acapella (sp.). They always sing one of my favorite songs “It’s Alright” and their voices just sound amazing together, especially with no other accompaniment. I love it! Anyway, he performed for an hour and a half and after a brief intermission, Chicago came out. They were really good but I wasn’t as excited about them as I was about Huey. I mean, I’m more of a 1982-1989 Chicago fan and they literally sang one song from that era. I don’t know if they’re attempting to forget the Peter Cetera era, but I was a little disappointed by that. However, they were really great. I love heavy horns (in my music, kids) and they certainly gave you that! As far as I know they sang all their really popular hits from the 70’s which put everyone on their feet. The great thing was that all of Huey Lewis and the News came out and they did one song together which was amazing! The trombone player for Chicago REALLY needs a stylist, but other than that I thought it was great! The lead guitarist for Chicago was an unexpected piece of eye candy, that’s for damn sure.

The house is really coming along. I finished the woodwork in the spare room yesterday but it looks like Dad will spend much of his day doing touch ups cause painting without taping is not my forte. Also, I’m having a bit of an issue. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it, but I LOVE the color of the spare room. It’s called Brick Dust from Behr and it’s this awesome shade of dusty pink. I truly adore it. So, apparently I’ve been waxing poetic about it so much that everyone is wondering why I don’t make it my bedroom instead of the other room. Many reasons for that, one of which being the lamp. I know it sounds silly, but I matched the whole other room around this ridiculously expensive lamp and I love it. However, the bedspread I got looks like it’ll match better in the other room so I’m really torn. The spare room is definitely brighter and doesn’t face the yapping dogs next door, but I think it’s slightly smaller as far as wall space. I should look and see if I have the receipt for the lamp. I can’t be upset about getting $100 back, am I right? I really need to look at both rooms and see if I can fit everything I need. But anyway, a lot got done this weekend so it looks like my dad will be able to polyurethane the floors earlier this week than we had expected. Appliances come Wednesday and after that the floors need to be put in, the front room needs to be sheetrocked and painted and the electric really needs to get done. Other than that, we’re in business.

So, for those of you that don’t know, my 30th birthday is rapidly approaching on August 15th. It’s my sister’s too, but is this blog about her? I think not. So anyway, as I was rummaging through the fridge on Thursday I realized the Orioles are playing at Yankee Stadium on my birthday. My sister is a huge Yankee fan and I (obviously) am an O’s fan. What better way to spend our birthday than watching that game!? So, when we hit up the Moosehead on Thursday night I mentioned it, and my friend Jen was a taker. I had completely forgotten about it until yesterday and she called me this morning saying that she got four bleacher seats and we are most definitely in business! I can’t wait! It’s gonna be a busy couple of weeks with the move in, Nytropalooza and this, but well worth it. Perhaps it will take the edge off turning 30! lol..

Anyway, it’s Monday and the only way I’m going to stay awake is to pretend to do some work. You all try to do the same and I’ll post more later.

No comments: