Monday, July 31, 2006

The weekend is never long enough


Where do I begin? No ball games, so instead Friday night was a bit of a drunken blur which is funny because I literally had no intention of even being out. I think I may have had a fever. However, some friends of ours came down to go out so I figured I’d better make an appearance. 14 beers, three shots and some red wine on my sister’s white pants later, we figured it was time to go home! I went straight to bed (as I have a tendency to do) and was rudely woken up at 8:30 by my sister, who told me that not only did the red wine come out of her pants, but she also left her cell phone in her pocket, making it the cleanest (yet non-working) cell phone on the planet. Believe it or not, it’s starting to work but the ringer sounds like… well… it defies description. Anyway, I finally rolled out of bed around 11:30 and was quickly distracted by the movie “Hackers” with Angelina Jolie and Jonny Lee Miller. I LOVE that movie and for some reason don’t own it, therefore I felt it only right to take the opportunity to watch it on TV. My mother felt differently (have I mentioned that our move in date can’t come quick enough?) so after a healthy round of grease, I showered and the shopping began. I was able to get everything I needed for the bathroom, not to mention my bedside table so things are moving along. Slowly but surely.

Saturday night I went to see The Lipstick Lovelies, a burlesque show that some of the girls I used to dance with perform in. It was interesting. I’ll be honest. I wasn’t quite sure what burlesque entailed and it was raunchier than I expected but I had a great time. It was really funny and entertaining, that’s for sure. It was nice to see a few bigger girls in the show that were still funny and sexy. However, if I ever performed in the show I really don’t think I would urge my parents to go. There are just some things you don’t want to hear coming from your daughter’s mouth, whether it’s true or not! Sunday was Track Day! We had an awesome time (see picture). I actually won the first race and was up $30 most of the day, but as time wore on we started making some random bets that didn’t really pan out. In all honesty, I pick the horses that have the prettiest names so it’s all a game of chance to me. I ended up being the driver and (take this advice) I highly recommend you don’t take three drunk people to Applebee’s. It’s just not a fun situation to be in. Funny? Yes. Fun for the sober person? Not so much. Regardless, we had a really great time and I think that even after dinner, I ended up being down only $4.00. What can I say? The colors and jockey names treated me well.

The O’s are losing 9-4 but we still have Miggy! Thank god for small favors. Ok, that’s probably a big favor cause I was pretty sure something was gonna happen before the trade deadline. Luckily, it was just talk. It sounds like Tejada really does want to stay in Baltimore and maybe his notoriety can be used to bring some pure talent in next year. I guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens. Regardless, it’s going to be a very long (and hopefully eventful) offseason!

I wasn’t really around all weekend so I don’t have any television news. I’m watching Fresh Meat now, but it’s only just begun so I’m afraid I can’t rant about my hatred of Wes and other such entertaining tidbits. Unfortunately, not much else has gone on as of late. No real good entertainment news (which is what I live for) and I haven’t even gone to the movies in a week. I’m slacking, I know. I was watching The 40 Year Old Virgin on HBO earlier tonight. I don’t know. Everyone raves about the movie and I’m wondering if it’s similar to Anchorman in that I need to see it 3 or 4 times before I really think it’s as funny as everyone else. The first time I saw Anchorman (and Napoleon Dynamite for that matter) I couldn’t believe how ridiculously stupid it was. Now I don’t think I go a day without quoting it. Guess we’ll have to wait for multiple HBO viewings before I make a decision on it. Hope everyone had a great weekend and be glad Monday’s over!!

PS – Holy Shit! Coral and Evan just got booted from the Challenge for being too injured to continue. That’s my girl! Plus, they were front runners so you know everyone was happy to see them go. Not to mention, Evan was talking about his hernia possibly strangling his intestine and he mispronounced intestine. Too frigging funny. I can go to bed happy.

No comments: