Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I know you can't get enough

so I figured I'd post some more idiotic ramblings for the masses.

I'll get to Project Runway but I'm presently watching the "He's Just Not That Into You" episode of Sex and the City and I have to wonder if anyone but Carrie Bradshaw ever wore tights that either have knee pads in them or have the knees cut out. I can't figure out which way it's going but at least if the knee pads are built in there's some sort of function there. I love the show, but I never really got the avant-garde fashion that Patricia Field tried to bring in. I mean, the name necklace, the flower brooch - things real people can wear. But I've been down teh streets of NYC a couple times and have never seen anyone wearing kneeless tights, or satin hot pants with 10 inch heel unless they were a hooker. Perhaps that's how Carrie afforded her apartment. Rent control my ass!

Anyway, Project Runway: The casting special wasn't terrible. I admit I was curious as to what some castmembers were doing, although I really would have liked to have seen that southern blonde from last season slumming it as a manager at Express. Then again, I guess that's not exactly the "TV Worth Watching" Bravo was looking for. The first challenge was to make an outfit with only the furnishings from their new apartment. They could use absolutely anything they found in the apartment and they did, including feathers from the pillows and beading from the chandelier. It was slightly predictable, but I guess it is in the beginning because you can already see who has a clue and who is window dressing. The Harvard MBA (um.. yeah, I don't remember her name and neither will you tomorrow) got kicked off tonight and was up against Jeffrey, the neck tattoo guy who's the next Santino but so far not as entertaining. I believe I read somewhere that they know each other which makes perfect sense. Someone has to be "the bad boy" except Santino did it better and as much as I was a Chloe lover, I would have chosen Santino's collection last season. Honestly, the promos for the rest of the season didn't give much away but for some reason it looks like creepy Vincent will be around for a while longer. I'm looking forward to see what they do with the rest of the season and I hope the personalities come out a little bit more and people fill their roles. I really want to know who gets booted for not playing by the rules. Those crazy fashion designers!!!

I caught a bit of the World Series of Pop Culture again and the category was "Life After Reality." Some of the questions were so freaking easy I couldn't believe that people got them wrong. What I liked most was the names of the two groups: Ronnie, Bobby, Ricky and Mike (let me remind you there are only 3 people on the team) and I Heart Jake Ryan. Priceless. The Boys from New Edition fell short but at least they had a memorable name. Tomorrow its "We're What Willis Was Talking About." Now I'm stuck thinking about what my pop culture team name would be.. I guess I'd have to confer with Sandra since she would surely be my partner in crime. If I could figure out how to post a link I'd link you to her blog... But again, techno moron bordering on imbecile so it might take a little bit longer for me to do so.

I really thought I was on the right track as far as getting painting done tomorrow. The rooms aren't that big so I thought Sarah and I wouldn't have a problem getting the upstairs done. Until I went to teh house and realized the woodwork has yet to be painted, nor has the ceiling in my bedroom. Holy wrench in the works. So, it's going to be a very long day and I'm probably going to wish I was at work instead. Ok, that's a lie but it sounded good. I'm not much of a painter but I think tomorrow will be my crash course. Luckily Sarah is a seasoned pro so we'll see how it goes. I'm really just looking forward to rewarding my hard work with a Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich (plain with cheese) and a haircut. Can't you see I'm a simple girl! Yeah, that's not exactly true either but it sounded good at the time.

Anyway, time for bed. I won't regale you with more than one Chris Daughtry picture today (ok, I tried but it didn't work - I even put one of him with Ed Kowalczyk to up the bald factor) and I tried to post a picture on the bottom of the blog instead of the top but that didnt' really work out so no pictures for you! Just think, it's almost Friday.

1 comment:

Rob said...

I must admit I do like Sex and the City too. We have the full series on DVD.

I also wonder how those folks can afford those apartments in NYC, but then again, haven't we asked that before about the Friends gang, Seinfeld folks, etc...