Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I've changed my mind



I'm a woman. It's my prerogative. Ok, it's Bobby Brown's and Britney Spear's too.. but Bobby did it better. Hell to the YES! I changed my mind and bought the bedspread you see next to you. It matches the lamp, the lampshade is also striped (which is so against everything I stand for, but I'm trying to get over it) and the colors match perfectly.

Tre and Danny painted some of the ceilings today and the cabinets (well, some of them) have been repainted and I have to admit, they really look nice. They'll look great with the black appliances, knobs and hinges. Things are going well. Really all we have left is painting and Tre and Dad need to put the floors down and do a bit of sheetrocking in the living room. I'm sure Tre and I will be a tad more cautious in her house than we were for the infamous "sex toy party aftermath" in which her ass went through the sheetrock. It's not my fault she doesn't know how to get low (Thanks to my college rugby coach, Nick, for teaching me how to get down)!

I'm very excited because I'm FINALLY going to see The Devil Wears Prada tonight. I had to beg and plead but my sister has agreed to go with me. Danny called me to see if I would consider going to a more boy-friendly movie but I had been looking forward to it all day and really, the rest of the movies playing were not ones I was interested in. I mean, I do want to see Nacho Libre but that could be a rental and Superman Returns doesn't start till 9:30 and won't get out till after midnight. I don't have the energy for that long a movie tonight and I know my sister won't. So, I doubt I'll have a chance to post after the movie but I promise to let you know what i thought of it tomorrow. At this point it better be amazing because I've certainly yped it up more than necessary on this blog!

I've been reading some of the boys blogs regarding the Orioles and they are talking about maybe acquiring Mark Texiera. I like him. I'd be more than willing to give away Luis Matos, Ed Rogers, Rodrigo Lopez and Bruce Chen just for him. Hell, I'll even throw in Conine if I can keep Miggy and Javy. Again, I'm a girl and that is one stellar ass. Throw me a bone here. Game just started so I don't have any scores to share with you.

Big Brother starts up tonight with its All Star edition. Again, when are reality stars going to get over their 15 minutes and get real god damn jobs?! So anyway, the cast list has been leaked onto the internet and the usual suspects (or at the least the ones that will more than likely cause the most drama) have made the show. I have always liked Big Brother but I never got into it more than when I was in Australia. I think I watched it religiously for the week I was there and was totally addicted, so much so that I used to check the website and read the updates every single day. I will not be as involved in this one. I think it's just that it's on so damn often and I'm not home that much in the summer (contrary to the insane social life I've displayed in this blog)!

I think my guiltiest pleasure in life is Dog the Bounty Hunter. I have no excuse for it, nor do I intend to make any. I love the white trashiness of the show but that they really do work hard at what they do and help people, probably even the ones that don't deserve their help. Like I said, no excuse. A week from today is the beginning of Project Runway. God, I can't wait. It's like crack to me which is really interesting because it's not like I've ever been into fashion or can even sew a button on a shirt. I guess it just amazes me what people can create with their own two hands. Let's keep going on the guilty pleasures: The Girls Next Door. I'm sure everything about it is wrong but Holly's completely uncomprehensible adoration of Hef (her baby puffin - I still haven't figured out if that's a compliment), Bridget's friendliness and Kendra's complete blonde moments just crack me up and I can't help but watch. I don't think anyone was happier than me when they got that Playboy cover last year.. Again.. I can just feel the eye rolls and yes, the guilt is certainly there but still no excuses. I can't even make one up. Yeah, I think I'm done on that note. I've embarassed myself enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I prefer the stripey bedspread myself. But see, I've not seen the whole palette it is to coordinate with nor have I seen THE INFAMOUS LAMP, so I feel like I'm proffering an uninformed opinion here. So sorry. Also it could be just that I'm offput by the first ensemble pictured due to the ungodly amount of pillows. C'mon now, there is no need for that! 'Tis a bedding ABOMINATION, so many pillows!