Saturday, July 22, 2006

What a waste of a good hair night

Here it is. Saturday night and I’m sitting in front of my computer instead of doing something fun. Granted, it’s pouring like a son of a bitch and I did have options, but my motivation for leaving the house dwindled into nothingness when I was confronted with the weather outside (it’s a tad frightful, if you must know). Therefore, I will take the time to update you on the mundane details I consider my life.

Last night I went to my sister’s ball game and then went to Andy’s after the game. Well, the members of our fall softball team were also there. These are the people that pretty much lied about me and told me that I was too slow to play ball. This, coming from a guy who had to be fast cause he couldn’t hit a ball past the infield. So, I couldn’t wait to see if he and his troll like girlfriend had the balls to talk to me. He actually did say hello and I think my exact words were “I don’t think so.” I so hate pretending I like someone when I don’t, especially when you’ve lied about and insulted me in the past. I hold grudges. BIG ones. The troll did attempt to wave to my friend Jen who pretty much cut her off at the pass. There was a lot of staring and I found it so damn entertaining. Apparently because we don’t live in Albany we’re not allowed in Albany bars so I think we blew up their spot and had a hell of a lot more fun than they did. I can’t imagine why no one said goodbye! After some jungle juice (thanks Fish) and a few beers, and a stray elbow to the lip, my sister and I ended the night with a shot of Three Wise Men. That is a mistake I will never make again and I really don’t know how I didn’t puke the minute it touched my lips. I woke up at 6:15 this morning and could still taste it. I immediately got up and brushed my teeth and tongue until there were no more remnants of alcohol-y taste on either one. As I was doing this, my friend’s dog came into the bathroom to chill out and then followed me back down the stairs to the sleeper sofa I was sharing with my sister. He sat by my side for a few minutes until he decided it would be better to hop into bed with us. Jumped right over me in between the two of us and made himself very comfortable; comfortable being his ass in my face and head on my thigh. So all in all, it was a pretty good night! I couldn’t seem to fall asleep when we got home earlier this morning, so I went to the house to try and get some more stuff done. I ended up painting the second coat in my bedroom and touching up the areas in the spare room that my Dad had caulked. After a few hours of productivity, I thought it would be ok to come home and take a nap. I was actually slightly distracted by The Witches of Eastwick on A&E (I’ve never seen it) but drowsiness won out and so began my evening of lethargy. I finally motivated myself to take a shower around 7:30 and really that was only because I was still covered in paint. I did my hair (hence the title of this post) and somewhere in between, changed out of my jeans and into my jammies and resigned myself to my bed for the rest of the night. My intentions were to watch the first Pirates of the Caribbean but I know I’m not going to stay awake long enough so I’ve shot that plan to shit too. Instead, I’m checking out the 100 Greatest Kids Stars on VH1. I actually like Tina Yothers better with her rock star makeover and Corey Haim did not age gracefully. Or else his stylist and makeup person were on vacation the day he shot his interview. You decide.

Tomorrow is Huey Lewis Day, reminiscent of either “Rex Manning Day” from Empire Records or “Nudie Magazine Day” from Billy Madison. Actually, I take that back because both those events are kinda creepy and Huey Lewis Day is anything but creepy. Speaking of Rex Manning, I was so skeeved by that role because the guy who played Rex Manning (Maxwell Caulfield) also played Michael in Grease 2 and I loved him in that movie. He had that adorable accent and good guy persona so you can imagine that I did not want him to bang Renee Zellweger in the count out room. It just seemed, well, dirty and pervlike. But anyway, back to Huey Lewis. Tomorrow night is the Huey Lewis and the News/Chicago concert and I’m going with my mother and father. Dad is actually a Huey Lewis fan too, but I’m pretty sure Mom is only going because of Chicago. Chicago was the first concert I ever saw but unfortunately, it was the first concert after the departure of Peter Cetera. Granted, the guy that replaced him sounded just like him, but it was the 80’s and it was Peter Cetera! It’ll more than likely be a very late night on Sunday night so I’ll have to post a review of sorts in the near future.

I was supposed to see Clerks II this weekend and my plan fell through. I love Kevin Smith movies (ok, I have yet to see Jersey Girl but that’s only because I feel it’s only right to watch Jersey Girl after watching Gigli, and I’m afraid that if I rent them both at the same time the video store might swallow me up or crumble to the ground) and I’m really looking forward to Clerks II. As usual, it hasn’t gotten great reviews, but I don’t think any of his movies have been anything more than cult classics. I mean, Clerks itself got it’s due thanks to word of mouth and video rentals. Still, I want to see it and when I do, I’ll let you know what I think. There are actually quite a few movies out that I would like to see, but time and money have been getting in the way. It’s amazing that for someone who loves everything about reality shows, I loathe reality.

Yet another update on the old man and the dog. I left my car in the Valatie turnaround over night and when my sister pulled in to drop me off, who do I see? You guessed it! The old man and his dog, picking up empty cans. There was an older woman sitting in a car waiting for them because it was raining out so not only does he have a dog, but it looks like he’s married. As I got in my car I looked up to make sure they weren’t in the way and he smiled at me. I thought that would not be the best time to tell him to walk his dog on the inside so I simply smiled back at him. What a way to start the morning.

After my mean post about Casey Fossum yesterday I guess it was only fair for the O’s to lose 14-7 and to have Russ Ortiz not be able to do, well, anything. He got the loss and let’s commend the front office for THAT acquisition. For the love of God, please do something in the offseason. Do whatever you can to keep Miggy, find some pitching and bring in some fresh meat. I mean, god knows we’re rebuilding but bring in people who might stick around through that time and not be in their mid-40’s. Is it just me or do we always seem to acquire the stars on their way to the middle of the downward spiral? You want examples – Sosa and Bonilla. We were supposed to get these great hitters and we got lots of money paid out on contracts that never panned out. Bring in a guy like Texeira and cut out the dead weight. Do your job. Score update – the bad end of an ass whooping. Top of 7 losing 13-3. I can say nothing more on this topic for fear I will drive to Baltimore myself to hold a sit-in at the door of Peter Angelos.

Anyway, hope everyone’s having a great weekend. Make the most of what’s left!

No comments: