Thursday, July 27, 2006

Bad start to the day

I forgot my Ipod. Do you have any idea how quiet it is in this office? I am not the type of girl who can go without music and I forgot my freakin’ Ipod. I overslept (more on that later) and walked right out of the house without it. I mean, at least I know it’ll be charged when I go to use it tomorrow, but that’s not really helping me today. I’m gonna see if I can find an online radio station or something although if I have to download something to my computer I’m screwed. They don’t allow us to download ANYTHING, not even a cutesy screen saver, to our computers. Might crash the whole system or something to that effect. I did go on Yahoo!, remembering they have Launchcast stations so right now I’m listening to their Adult Alternative station, which doesn’t seem to be so bad, but I know I have to deal with commercials. I guess that’s my penance for forgetting my Ipod. I will pay the price.

Let’s get down to business: Harold Reynolds of ESPN has apparently been fired for sexual harassment. He says it was a hug and nothing more. Not my Harold! I love him! I’m not saying he didn’t do something wrong, but we do live in a money grubbing country where people will do anything for a buck, including manipulate and backstab. Let me just say, I’m disappointed. That’s all. I hope it all turns out for the best because I will miss him at ESPN. I still miss Keith Olbermann so I may never get over this.

I went to my sister’s ball game last night so I did not see ANY of So You Think You Can Dance. Hopefully I’ll be able to get some updates online today and I’ll do my best to watch the results show tonight. If not, well I’ll just hope that the people I don’t like get booted. Such is life. I did, however, manage to catch Project Runway. Ok, I saw the end before the beginning, but thanks to Bravo’s sly programming I was able to see what I missed directly after the show ended (Thank you Bravo!) So, where do I begin? Does Laura own an outfit that doesn’t show her ridiculously overexposed breastbones? For a mother of three, I really wish she’d cover up that pit of nothingness. One more thing on Laura: I like her. I think she’s really talented and her clothes seem really wearable. But just because she THINKS they’re going to be working with horses doesn’t mean she needs to wear an equestrian costume to the park. I mean, she was seriously done up in the pants, tall boots, the whole shebang. I expected her to be wearing that cute little jockey hat, regardless of the fact that she is WAY too tall to be one. Keith is a crazy bitch (and I dig that), and I really wish I hadn’t read all the spoilers cause I know it’s him going home next week. I wonder if they’ll kick anyone else off or just leave that as a “bye” week? I can’t wait to find out. And oh my god - as I was reading the credits last night I realized that Tim Gunn’s wardrobe is from Macy’s. Ok, the man works for Parsons School of Design and his suits are from Macy’s? I have nothing against Macy’s, but I’m also not pretending to be in the fashion world. I’m sure he gets them for free but you know Tim has some fierce Prada suits in his closet. Way to take one for the team Tim Gunn. It was Katherine’s turn to go although I am really ready to throw in Angela’s towel. Something about her smirky superiority irks me. I don’t know what it could be. As for Bradley - lucky break, my friend. It really would have sucked to get booted on your birthday! I’m a big fan of Uli, and I really like Bonnie too. She’s flown under the radar so much that I had to rewatch the show to even see her once. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad for her. Finally, the big deal this year was that there were (supposedly) lots of straight men. Um… where? Ok, Jeffrey and Michael are my guesses. Keith is questionable and since Malan was a vampire I really don’t think that counts. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Bad news on this Thursday: Prince’s wife has filed for divorce. Guess he’s been a bit too busy promoting himself to be a good husband. Shame on you, Prince. (Prince Robert Nelson to his homies). Seriously, how do you have a last name like Nelson and name your kid Prince? Ok, granted, Ricky Nelson named his kid Gunnar which must have really sucked considering his brother’s name was something as trivial as Matthew. Don’t get me wrong, I laminated the Nelsons onto my trapper keeper in high school just like any other girl, but can you imagine the ridicule he got? No wonder he felt the need to redeem himself on Celebrity Fit Club! I mean, I’m not into really conventional names. If (god forbid) I spawn a boy, I plan to name him Ripken, even if I have to bribe his father to let me do so, but celebrities are really going over the edge with children’s names. I understand the whole individuality angle but public and private schools are a hotbed of ridicule. Way to scar your kid for life, even more than you already have.

Time to listen to some new music. Ever since I got my new car I haven’t listened to the radio because I haven’t been able to hook up my XM. Really, I’m just lazy and haven’t bought a new mount for it. I have the link, I just haven’t done it. It’s all my fault. Anyway, I’m usually pretty up on my music but I’ve been a bit of a slacker lately so hopefully I’ll be able to hear some new jams while I’m listening to Yahoo. I already heard Crazy by Gnarls Barkley for the first time and I enjoyed it. I hope I’m not subjected to that Paris Hilton single because I’m afraid my ears will start to bleed. My sister gave Justin Timberlake’s new single a bad review so now I’m curious. I’ll keep you posted. Happy almost Friday!

No comments: