Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I love this kid!

This kid is Travis, from "So You Think You Can Dance." He's one of the top 5 boys and after watching the show tonight I have absolutely no clue how he can't win. Not only is he an amazing partner, but he flips through hip hop, contemporary and lyrical (which I usually hate, but was transfixed when he was on the screen) like it's nobody's business. Sure, he's a cute kid (emphasis on kid - he's 18) but blondes aren't my thing so this isn't anything close to my Chris Daughtry fascination. No boy should be able to spin the way he does and I adore him. I really wish I had watched this show from the beginning because I would like to see the other dance genres he's had to contend with. As far as this show goes, I'm surprised by a lot of what the judges have said. As I watch most of these couples they just don't look together, yet no one says anything about it. I'm far from a professional and don't pretend to be a choreographer, but I've always been taught that when you're dancing with someone (unless you're doing a completely different step) that you should be in sync. Regardless of all that, I'm addicted. I really wish someone would do a marathon of this show so I could get more involved. I mean, that's what sucked me in to both America's Next Top Model and Project Runway!

Well, movie night was a bust. We were told that there was a showing of Pirates of the Caribbean 2 at 6:20. I got a call at 5:30 telling me that the next showing was at 7:20. Apparently the movie is about 2 and a half hours long so that wouldn't get me home until about 11. I was game, but I would have preferred an earlier show. Luckily, by the time I got to the mall everyone had decided to forgo the movie in favor of dinner at Houlihan's. It was a good time but I was much happier to be home by 8:30 rather than 11! Granted, I'm a loser and my whole point was that I wanted to be home in time to catch Project Runway but I also got home in time for my new fascination. If I have to mention it again then stop reading right now cause you obviously haven't read a thing I've written.

So basically what I'm trying to say is there will be no review tonight but maybe when I get around to watching the first one, I'll tell you what I thought. Hopefully that will motivate me to want to see the second one for a good reason.

Ok, I'm back to my new favorite show and I'm not trying to be a bitch, but thank god Heidi has a body cause she looks like she fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. She's a phenomenal dancer, don't get me wrong, but I can't get past her face. She's partnered with my boy this week so I'm forced to watch her. Her solo was really good but again, I get distracted. My boy is remarkable and she did quite well considering it wasn't her style of dance. I think he bought out the best in her and I think they're both safe this week. Then again, I thought Chris Daughtry was gonna win American Idol so really, who am I to judge?

Ok.. I'm obviously distracted by the TV and can concentrate on nothing but so I hope everyone had a wonderful hump day and I'll catch ya later. Time for Project Runway!!!!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Did you catch Project Runway Wed night? It was TRAGIC!! Now that sweet Malan is gone, I gotta pick me a new fave.

Anonymous said...

I have been watching the dancing show from the beginning (it's the only reality show I watch, I wonder why? :) , and Travis is my favorite as well. He's a gorgeous dancer. I do like Benji too, though - he's done a good job with lots of the styles, even though he's a swing dancer. Alison's my favorite girl, but her solos always look the same to me (I think they said on one show that she improvs them all).

About the togetherness - this week's episode was definitely the worst in that regard, and I was also suprised that none of the judges mentioned it - when couples have been off in the past they have said something. I think it's because they got totally new partners this week and had less time to practice, but still... Drove me crazy, too, as another ex-dance teacher!