Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Happy Birthday MTV!

I was only (almost) 5 years old when MTV debuted, but I actually remember when they played videos. Anyone else? For those of you who know me, you know I’m addicted to most MTV reality shows, but I still wish they played a video anytime other than TRL. Regardless, Happy 25th Birthday to MTV and all that goes along with it.

The O’s suffered a 10-5 loss last night but my two favorite boys contributed home runs, B-Rob’s all the way to Eutaw Street. And oh yeah, we all know I love me some Javy (ok… I love me some Javy ass) but I really wish he’d show more of that and shut the fuck up. You couldn’t handle first base and you’re not that great a catcher anymore so no, you’re not playing on a regular basis. VERY observant. Regardless of that fact, it’s not something you need to broadcast to the world. Do the Orioles even have a public relations department because it sure seems like anyone on the team that speaks to the press sounds like an absolute moron or fucks themselves. Speaking of Lopez(es), Rodrigo pitched 7.2 innings and got the win in a 2-0 defeat of the Seattle Mariners. Markakis and Mora contributed the two necessary RBI’s and again, take that Markakis naysayers.

I made a wonderful discovery today and that was the Real World/Road Rules blog. I can’t believe it took me so long to figure this out, especially considering it’s on blogspot. I actually spent the last half hour of work today (don’t tell) perusing web sites of former Real Worlders. I got bored with it pretty quickly, but considering I don’t have the time to commit (or energy to care) about what’s going on with every single alumni of the two shows, it’s pretty nice to have one place to go to get all my news. I’m still a little stunned by all the incestuous relationships between these people (and how they score with models considering they have no real jobs) but hey… take the opportunities you can get, I guess. So, as appalled as I am at myself, I am still quite happy with my find. Deal with it.

However, I made a much more interesting find on the internet today. Not only is there a Dwight Schrute bobblehead (which will look adorable on my desk next to my Brian Roberts celebration bobblehead – ya know, once they fix that coloring issue) but the next best thing has come: A Tim Gunn bobblehead doll. It actually looks like him and the stand it’s on says “Make it Work.” I must have one.

I really love Rescue Me. I haven’t been around to watch it the last few weeks, but the first few minutes of tonight’s show was absolutely priceless and reminded me why it’s one of the funniest and entertaining shows on television.

House update: My rug is on backorder, the sink won’t work and my shelves don’t fit. But I did buy new sheets today because you can’t go into a new house with old sheets. It’s just not right. My sister has finally resigned herself to the fact that we won’t be in the house this weekend like we’d hoped, but I believe all the stuff will be out of storage this weekend, which is a step in the right direction. Now all we’ll have to do is take our bedroom stuff over to the house during the week next week. We will BARELY be in before Nytropalooza but I guess barely is better than not at all, am I right?

Time for bed

1 comment:

Sandra said...

sorry to contradict you, amiga, but that hardly looks like Tim Gunn at all! If it wasn't for "Make It Work!" at the base of it, I would think they were trying to create a skinny Ebert.

The Dwight Shrute bobblehead, however, is terrific.