Sunday, August 06, 2006

Why does that dress look familiar?


Yes, you've seen that dress before. It's the bridesmaid dress from the wedding I was in back in July. Hey, if you pay $225 for a dress, you have every right to wear it as often as you can! I never imagined that someone from the last wedding would be at this wedding but as luck would have it, the best man from the last one was also at this one. So, he cracked on me the whole time about the dress but that's ok. It fit and was a nice change from the sea of black dresses that usually populate a wedding reception.

The wedding was such a great time. Shannon was the most beautiful bride and I think everyone had a great time! I danced a lot, drank some more and as always, made friends with the bartenders! They are good people to know because I was never without a drink and most of the time, I had two. I was back at Chez Kenny around 11:30, ate pizza and little smokes, watched some of Pulp Fiction and was asleep by midnight. I could have stayed longer, but it’s probably a good thing I didn’t. This morning was a little hairy, but Dad made breakfast (what should be the last) and that always helps!

I have yet to take a nap so forgive me if my stream of consciousness is a little sketchy! I ordered my curtains online, changed my address and then it was time to go pick up the futon I had bought. My sister’s co-worker sold it to me for $50 and it’s in great condition so it was one hell of a deal. It looks great in the spare room and it’s relatively comfortable to sit on. I don’t know about sleeping on it, but I’m sure someone will use it next weekend so we’ll find out! I brought some stuff over to the house but god sidetracked when a few friends showed up to see the house. I SHOULD have gone back to the house tonight but instead I got some stuff out of the attic and got it ready to go to the house tomorrow. I wanted to go to Counting Crows/Goo Goo Dolls but Sarah has a ball game so she had to bail on me. It’s probably for the best because I really do need to do some things at the house the next two nights so Wednesday can be our first night in the new place. I’m so damn anxious. Once I was walking around today and saw how well “the lamp” looked, I was so motivated to move everything in!! I admit, I lost that drive but I still can’t wait to get in there. Just a few days! Shit… then what am I going to talk about?!

Here’s what you’ve all been waiting for: Details on the pseudo blind date. I met up with Lacey and her friend Mike around 7:30 on Friday. Mike’s family owns a farm in Schodack and they have llamas, which sometimes you can see from I-90. So, Mike knew I was a fan and bought me over to see them. It gave me weird Catskill Game Farm flashbacks, but in a good way. I was so excited!! After that, we continued to J’s house where we finally got to meet. He’s a nice guy and pretty easy on the eyes, which is never a bad thing! Lol.. So, J’s roomie has this dog who let out what I can only describe as a fart reminiscent of an A-Bomb. This thing cleared the room in 2.5 seconds. So, we’re all outside and pretty much everyone but me pulls out cigarettes. For those of you who don’t know me very well, a guy that smokes is pretty much a deal breaker for me. I just don’t find it attractive to kiss someone whose mouth tastes like an ashtray!! I don’t lecture those who do it, but it doesn’t mean I need to completely tolerate it either. Plus, both my maternal grandparents died of lung cancer so I hold a bit of a bias. Anyway, so that turned me off which sucked cause we were getting along pretty well I think. Then again, what the hell do I know!? So, we decide to go see Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, which had its funny moments, but it’s no Anchorman. Then again, I hated Anchorman the first time I saw it so that might not really be a good way to describe the movie! Anyway, after the movie we headed back to Mike’s house (where my car was parked) and we all hung out for a little while longer. Two other guys showed up and since it was getting late, I decided to leave. Leaving was so insanely awkward cause it was all these people I didn’t know and what was I supposed to do? I think I might have slapped him goodbye or something! Lol.. I should know what to do by now, but I really didn’t. So, I have no idea what this kid thought of me and God know what he thinks I thought of him since I basically left and that was it! Lol.. Oh well, I guess that’s what dating is all about. So, in a nutshell; he’s a nice, cute guy and we just basically gave each other shit the entire night which I think was better than things being awkward cause it really wasn’t at all until the end! I’ll keep you posted if there’s anything to keep you posted on!

So, that was my weekend. Never long enough but that’s the story of my life! I hope everyone had a great weekend and try hard to make it through your Monday!!

No comments: