Thursday, August 17, 2006

How come every time you come around....

Well, it’s official. The Orioles have turned against me. I mean, they take two of three from the Yankees, yet can’t win when I’m at Yankee Stadium to celebrate my 30th birthday. What have I done to deserve that? Granted, I haven’t been the most optimistic fan of late, but I can’t be the only one! I acknowledge the bright spots (Nick Markakis, Corey Patterson, etc.) but in doing so it’s only right for me to show my utter disdain for the rest (the bullpen, Peter Angelos, etc.). So, come back to me my Oriole friends. Don’t make me cover that tattoo with the ancient Chinese symbol for victory. Granted, I don’t know what that symbol is and one tattoo is enough for me so really it’s just an empty threat, but it made me feel good to make it. Regardless of our issues, my boys DID pull out two wins against the Yanks and I couldn’t be prouder. Although, there’s an ass whooping just waiting for LaTroy Hawkins cause everything was going fine Tuesday night until he came in. However, I’m not one to blame so we’ll let that go.

Remember the tiredness of yesterday’s post? Yeah, not over it yet. J. came over and we watched Shaun of the Dead. It was pretty funny and an entertaining spoof on the zombie genre. I had caught a bit of it last week on HBO so I was glad he bought it down with him and I got the opportunity to watch the whole thing. He also bought down Team America: World Police so I’m going to try to watch that this weekend also. Tonight I plan on having birthday cake with my parents, doing some laundry, maybe painting my toenails and getting a well deserved full night of sleep! Luckily, I’m pretty confident that the alarm clock is going to work (I’ve almost figured it out) so I’ve been able to sleep a tad more sound since last week.

I did NOT get to watch Project Runway but I did hear that Allison got booted and that upset me. I mean, Robert sucks it up two weeks in a row and gets saved both times. Angela and Vincent are train wrecks yet keep pushing forward. Allison has one off week (and seriously, everything else she’s done has been lauded as nothing short of fantastic) and she’s gone. I really thought she was going to make it pretty far. I also heard that Laura’s been a bit of a uberbitch this episode and I can’t wait to see it. Granted, her freakish body type and flapper like style irritate me, but it’s pretty much a given that I’m gonna root for the bitch. I just always thought it’d be Keith and not Laura!

Check the blog, kids. I called it! Benji won Dancing with the Stars and Travis came in second. He really is a talented guy and I’m sure he’ll be dancing with Celine for some time to come. I’m kind of intrigued to see the tour but I’m afraid I didn’t get tickets when they went on sale so I won’t be attending. A couple people from work will be going so I’m sure they’ll let me know what it was like. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a dance “concert” (besides Riverdance) so I’m curious as to how it’ll be staged and all that jazz. I think Benji was the perfect choice considering the prize, but I have a feeling there’ll be bigger things in his future.

This has most certainly been the longest week of my life. Isn’t it always like that when you have a day off in there somewhere? I considered banging in late this morning cause I was still exhausted. So overtired that I really couldn’t sleep. But I took one for the team and decided to come in. God knows I couldn’t have missed the 4 pm fire drill. I really should have taken all my stuff with me and just snuck off as everyone was going back into the building but I’m not ballsy enough (believe it or not).

I believe tonight ABC is airing the Super Bowl editions of Grey’s Anatomy. I’m a huge fan of the show, but damned if I can remember what those episodes are. I know they were a two parter and I’m assuming it’s the one where the guy had the bomb stuck in his chest cavity, but I’m not sure. If that’s the case, that WAS a good episode and if I can stay awake long enough, I’ll certainly be watching it. I’m still not happy about this whole move to Thursday for Grey’s. They were the cornerstone of my Sunday night. I mean, I’m almost ALWAYS home on Sunday. Thursday: not so much.

I spent today listening to Yahoo! Music instead of my Ipod cause I really need to change the songs on it and I’m getting bored with the same shit over and over again. So, I’m going to take this opportunity to wax poetic about the newest releases:

Justin Timberlake: Sexyback - The song doesn’t sound a bit like him, but I think it’s got a great beat and I jam to it every time it’s on. When someone asks me what I’m doing tonight I’ve taken the liberty of saying “I’m bringing sexy back.”
Fergie: London Bride - I don’t hate a band more than the Black Eyed Peas. I don’t know why, I just do. But this song is a catchy little ditty and as much as I didn’t want to I found myself wanting to go down like London Bridge.
Paris Hilton: Stars Are Blind - I can’t listen to this song. It goes against everything I stand for. 1) it’s Paris Hilton and 2) I always think it’s “The Tide is High” by Blondie and then I’m even more disappointed when I realize I gave it a chance.
Gnarls Barkley: Crazy - The first time I heard this song I liked it. That rarely happens to me. Most of the time songs have to grow on me until I find myself not able to get it out of my head, much like the original cast recording of Rent. Today I heard their cover of Gone Daddy Gone and that was pretty awesome too. What can I say? I dig the Gnarls Barkley. I mean, great song and great name. What more could a girl ask for?
Evanescence: Call Me When You’re Sober - Nuff said. It should be every girl’s theme song.

Tomorrow’s Friday. Oh Happy Day!

No comments: