Thursday, August 10, 2006

The time has come, the walrus said


First night was a success. As you can see from the picture, my curtains came in and while they’re not quite what I thought they were, they are pretty and will do the job. I unpacked every single box that I had to unpack for the upstairs, although I’m a tad perturbed because I still haven’t been able to find my tap shoes. I don’t know where they could have gone. I don’t know if you can adequately see my new clock radio but it’s supposed to be able to wake you up to your Ipod. The directions were great as far as setting the alarm time, but not so much for setting the actual alarm. Therefore, it didn’t work this morning but I think it might have been my fault because I had my Ipod on hold. It’s nice to use it as a charging dock regardless. We’ll have to see if me and my electronically challenged mind can figure it out. This room is bigger than anything I’ve ever had so I’m not used to having that much space to move around in. It’s gonna take some getting used to. LOVE my new bed spread and the lamp is a smashing success. Thanks to everyone who’s helped us out, be it painting, scraping or just plain bringing beer!

I got to see just a smidge of So You Think You Can Dance and while I find it creepy when Heidi and Benji dance together, their final number was a showstopper. I have absolutely no idea who will win, but it won’t be Donyelle. She’s just not strong enough and when she dances next to Heidi she pales in comparison. I think Travis and Benji are kind of evenly matched, but there’s something about Benji that makes me think he’ll win the whole shooting match. Unfortunately, we have to stay tuned until next week to find out who the big winner (cause there’s only one - thanks Katie) will be!

As for winners, your Last Comic Standing is Josh Blue. What the fuck is wrong with you America? I get it, he has cerebral palsy and we feel bad for him. Yes, he’s funny, but I really didn’t America had that much compassion to name him the winner. In all honesty, I don’t find him funny at all and never thought he was gonna make it through the first round. Whatever, in a year or so no one’s gonna remember his name anyway (I watched LCS religiously and I barely remember what the last winner’s name was). I remember the names of lots of the comedians that were on it last season, but I drew a blank on the winner (John Heffron) for a good ten minutes. So, welcome to your future Josh Blue, and congrats! In more reality TV news, Theo of Road Rules and MTV Challenges fame, won the online competition. I was hoping he would win, mainly because he always made me laugh during the challenges with his sarcastic and sometimes nonsensical wit. So, congrats to him too. Maybe now he can get an almost real career and stop competing on those damn challenges (which glue me to my TV screen every week - damn you MTV).

It’s Project Runway day: Bradley has finally met his maker, as he probably should have weeks ago. The job was to update a fashion icon. Bradley got Cher. Do you have any idea what that means? He could have sent his model down the runway in pasties and a cork and Michael Kors would have praised it as something Cher definitely would have worn. Ok.. maybe Vera Wang would have, but you get my point. Instead he sends her down in some lame alien looking shirt and white pants. Um… no. Robert was once again in the bottom two for being boring. It was so boring that I don’t even remember what icon he had. The winner did not get immunity this week and I believe that’s because there was a twist this week in that the models got to choose the designer AND the icon. I thought for sure that Kayne was gonna win, but turns out they chose Michael’s nod to Pam Grier. Both designs were impressive and it figures Michael won on the non-immunity week. Maybe because Kayne already won for the Miss USA dress. I don’t know. Anyway, Laura is becoming a bit of a crusty bitch and I’m so digging it. It’s like Angela is the smelly kid in the class and everyone picks on her. God is she ever gonna rub it in their faces if she gets further than any of them. I’m still gunning for Allison and Uli in the top 3 but I’ve yet to figure out my third choice. Probably who ever shows the most snark factor and right now it might be between Jeffrey and Laura, or as Keith called her (RIP Keith - who’s definitely gay btw), Mean Mommy. I LOVE IT! Viva la Project Runway!

So, breakups are the thing in Hollywood these days. MTV is 3 for 3 with their “love themed” reality shows as Travis Barker of Blink 182 and Shanna Moakler have called it quits. I’m pretty surprised by this one, only because they were always so on top of each other and professed their love by the minute, so it seems. Perhaps that is the kiss of death. I’m now going to continue my search for the perfect man: Not a drop of PDA and completely noncommittal. Yep, that’s my guy. I don’t know, there was something so wrong about their relationship (looks wise) that I really thought it was going to work. I was surprised to find out what a sap he is and perhaps after watching the show, he won’t have much trouble finding another woman, despite the baggage. Maybe now poor little Atiana will get some attention from someone other than her nanny. I mean, am I the only one that felt bad for her? Once the new baby came it was like that kid didn’t exist. Also in reality TV world: LC of Laguna Beach and The Hills finally called it quits with her crackhead, half retarded boyfriend Jason. I really hope that whole internship in Paris thing was a crock of shit or else she must be throwing herself off a bridge right now. Not to be outdone, Kristin Cavallari and Brody Jenner have gone their separate ways. Who? My point exactly.

Couple more hours to waste before I can hightail it to the ball game, my first one in what seems like weeks! Like I needed help playing like Chuck Knoblauch! In baseball news, ex-Yankee Ricky Ledee was traded to the Mets. I saw him play in his first game ever against the Orioles. He’s an ugly mother fucker but I like him just the same. The O’s lost another one yesterday and today is an off day. Two monstrous series are coming up: Boston this weekend, and the Yanks during the week (at which I will be present on Tuesday the 15th). I think it’s only right that the O’s wipe the floor with the Sox on Saturday since technically it’s my birthday party and then they should kick some Yankee ass on Tuesday since it’s my birthday. All in favor?

Anyway, I should do some work today, although I’ve been pretty good at making myself look busy. Today is my Friday as I have tomorrow off to get some house stuff done and prepare for Nytropalooza. I’m sure pictures will be forthcoming. If I don’t get a chance to blog, have a great weekend!!!

No comments: