Thursday, August 03, 2006

Where do I begin?


I turn 30 in exactly 12 days (depending on when you read this) and since I got my sister what can only be described as the most kick-ass 30th birthday present (which I can’t tell you about on the off chance she’ll read this blog – the VERY off chance), I think it’s only fair of me to put my own birthday wish list together.

Tickets to a Broadway show (preferably the revival of A Chorus Line)
Window mount for my XM radio
Movie tickets (I like going to the movies)
Gift cards to Pier One or other such stores
Plane tickets (to anywhere –I’m not picky)
Jewelry – chicks dig jewels. I’ve had one guy give me jewelry and it was a watch. I’m not really sure what that means.

Ok… I’m kidding just a little bit but hell, you only turn 30 once so I might as well try to milk it for all it’s worth, am I right?

Last night I auditioned to dance in a local production of the Will Rogers Follies. I say I auditioned, but really I showed up and that seemed to be enough. It was me and three other girls that I used to dance with so I’m pretty sure I’m gonna make it. However, I’m not gonna lie. I’m rusty! I really didn’t think I was, but I realized that I am. I mean, when I was dancing on a regular basis I could pick things up like it was nobody’s business. I really had trouble last night. Not necessarily picking things up, but keeping it in my head. I guess I should give myself a break considering I haven’t put a pair of tap shoes on in two years, but it’s not my style and I expect more. I guess it’ll just be getting back into the swing of things. That and finding my own tap shoes that are somewhere in storage. I had to borrow my cousin Lindsey’s! Anyway, I’ll keep you updated on the show. They don’t have a leading man as of yet so I’m not 100% sure it’s going to even get off the ground!

So, I couldn’t post last night because I was kinda busy. Near the end of So You Think You Can Dance (more on that later) I got a phone call… from a boy. I’m not gonna lie – I considered not answering the phone because Project Runway was coming up, but I answered it anyway. Anyway, the story is this: My friend from work has decided she wants to hook me up, which is not a terrible thing. She’s been trying to do this for about two weeks and it just hasn’t happened so this week she decided she would make it happen. I didn’t really want to do a blind date thing (which really isn’t fair cause I’ve seen pics of him, but he not of me – hi awkward) so she decided we were going to get a group together and do something. So, as of tomorrow night, we’re going mini golfing and to a movie. I met Lacey’s man today (he’s adorable) so at least I’ll know someone but her, which is a plus. I’ve also emailed with this guy (we’ll call him J.) and we had a pretty decent conversation last night. He’s younger than me (and honestly, that’s usually not my thing) but I’m not getting any younger so why not give it a shot! Lol.. So, basically what I’m trying to say is that I’ve got a pseudo blind date tomorrow night and we’ll see how it goes.

Ok.. back to business. PROJECT RUNWAY! I admit, I was on the phone for most of it, but I got the gist. Keith did get booted, but not for the reason they made it out to be. I had heard tons of rumors that he stole his designs from another designer but it seems he got booted for having how-to books under his bed. How were the producers alerted to this? Kayne, the pageant queen. God, that should make for one hell of a reunion special, don’t you agree?! I can’t wait!!! Anyway, apparently he also left the production for a few hours and used the internet, two things that aren’t allowed. So basically, he made his bed and needs to lie in it; just no longer at the Atlas Hotel. No one really seemed sorry to see him go (at least not from what I saw – he WAS a bit of a diva) but the show must go on! On the runway the two teams with the highest votes were (can you believe it?) Angela’s (who somehow got to be the team leader even with her lame ass sketch that is now being sold on a t-shirt at Macy’s – it is NOT on my birthday list) and what used to be Keith’s group, which includes Allison and Jeffrey. Honestly, I liked Angela’s outfit and it really kills me to say that. I don’t know, she just rubs me the wrong way and as much as I didn’t like the people she conflicted with, I didn’t like her either! Well, the two top teams were told they would have to go to Macy’s the next day to see who won the challenge (ooh, the anticipation) and were dismissed. The bottom two teams, led by Robert (Barbie) and Bonnie (Nike) had to explain themselves. I was just saying last week that I liked Bonnie and thought she was doing a really good job of flying under the radar, but she killed it this week (and not in the good way) with the most heinous, ill-fitting pants I’ve ever seen. Needless to say, Bonnie bit the big one and had to go home. Next week it looks like Jeffrey’s going to take on the bitchy diva role and allow Angela to become someone’s prey. Do we see a trend? I can’t wait!

All I can say about So You Think You Can Dance is that my ideal final four are Natalie, Heidi (again, hurts me to write it), Benji and Travis. I would like Natalie and Travis to win. Oh wait.. does only one of them win? I don’t remember. Anyway, it’s way past time for Donyelle to go home and Ivan just isn’t as charismatic or as trained as the other two, in my opinion. Then again, I just told you how rusty I am so do you really trust my dancing judgment? I want to smack Mary Murphy almost as much as I want to give Paula Abdul a muscle relaxer during the AI judging. Anyway, I’m actually watching the results show as we speak but I’m watching Omarion perform and god knows if I’ll still be writing in 15-20 minutes when they announce who’s going home. If I am, I’ll make an update, I promise!

I went to see the movie John Tucker Must Die tonight. It was pretty entertaining. I liked Brittany Snow from when she was on American Dreams and the abs on that girl are insane! You would never know they were underneath her clothes unless that was a really good makeup job. But anyway, the movie was pretty funny and I’m happy to say we weren’t the oldest people in the studio. Plus, I got popcorn for dinner and I never complain about that.

I came across something wonderful yesterday: Peanut Butter M&M’s. Oh my god, they’re like eating a piece of heaven. I think I’m addicted to them and if you like peanut butter, you will be too! Granted, they’re basically Reese’s Pieces, but they’re chewier. Try them my blogging minions, try them!!

Hmm.. what else? Today I was listening to my Ipod at work and was perturbed because I could see it was playing, but I couldn’t hear anything. I checked the settings and I even checked to make sure my headphones were plugged in all the way (they were). I probably should have checked to see if the headphones were in my ear because they weren’t. Note to self: if the headphones are not in your ear, it’s more than likely you won’t be able to hear the music. It’s been a long week.

O’s lost a heartbreaker last night, 2-1 to the Mariners and Brian Roberts got ejected from the game for the first time in his career, apparently for arguing balls and strikes. I’m sorry, but it had to be pretty bad for him to say something cause from what I’ve seen, he’s not the most vocal guy. Javy Lopez was put on waivers, not that it really means anything but hey, we’ll see what happens. I can’t seem to find any scores for tonight, and in all honesty, I’m not sure the O’s are playing tonight which could make it difficult! What can I say? I can’t be the only one who’s getting a little bored with the season considering we’re out of it! I’m not afraid to admit it.

Ok – it’s results time: Natalie’s going home which is complete bullshit and America basically gave the competition to Heidi cause there is no way Donyelle compares to her. I can’t bitch because I meant to vote but didn’t (I did the same thing to Chris Daughtry so I’m an equal opportunity non-voter). It’s probably best for Natalie cause the winner gets to dance in Celine Dion’s Vegas show and I’m not sure if that’s a punishment or prize for her. She can do so much more and I certainly hope she does! As for the boy’s Travis is safe (YAY) so it’s just a matter of minutes before I find out if I was half right tonight (after the break of course).

Barry Bonds 715th home run ball sold for $220,100 on Ebay. I hope most of that money goes to a good cause, like the insurmountable legal fees he’s caused for all those involved in his run for this record. Just my opinion.

I was right! Ivan is going home, as well he should. So, I really don’t know who to predict as winners because Benji really is talented, even though I like Travis more. I can’t pick one person to win (nor do I know if I have to) so I guess we have to just wait and see what happens next week. Stop crying Travis!!!!

Ok, time for the finals of the World Series of Pop Culture (priorities). Night all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Travis, all the way. (I even voted for him this week, something I never do). There's only one winner, and I'm pretty sure it's not going to be Heidi or Donyelle! Of all the women in the US who take dance lessons, how did those two end up being America's top two favorite dancers? They're not bad, but Alison and Natalie were both way better...