Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Nick Marfuckingkakis

What more do I have to say to convince anyone? The kid blasted three home runs LAST NIGHT for the love of God! He’s been banging everything but $2 hookers since he got thrown into the #2 spot (cause he's not that kind of guy) and yes, we wonder why you didn’t do it sooner too, Sammy. Better late than never, right boys? Perhaps overlooked by Markakis’ performance, Adam Loewen threw a great game, allowing only one run and even LaTroy Hawkins didn’t f it up for him this time. And just for that, I’ve thrown in a little eye candy for the ladies. You’re welcome!

Went to see the Woody Allen flick “Scoop” last night. It wasn’t a bad way to spend the evening. Plus, it was bargain night so I got a movie, soda and popcorn for $10.67. THAT is why I go to the movies in Hudson and not Albany. Next week we’re going to see Little Miss Sunshine, which I’m anxiously awaiting but for now, back to last night. I’m still not sure if I like Scarlett Johannson. I think I’m just indifferent on her and her acting ability. I don’t hate her with the fire of a thousand suns like I do with Kirsten Dunst (even WITH “Bring it On” on her resume) but I just don’t know how I feel about her. Hugh Jackman was also in it (talk about eye candy) and the movie started out a little strange, but the premise was pretty decent. I haven’t seen a lot of Woody Allen flicks in my time so I don’t really have anything good to compare it to. I’m sure me and the five other people in the movie theater enjoyed it. There were some good laughs and Woody Allen and Scarlett Johansson work pretty well together. I guess she’s his new muse or something. She’s skinny, but at least she’s got a little meat on her bones. I don’t want to feed her a burger every time I see her so that’s a plus.

Mom, Dad and Tre are down in Williamsport for the Little League World Series today but they won’t get to see the Saudi team play because they lost to Venezuela in extra innings last night. It really was a heartbreaker. I had tears in my eyes just looking at these kids. I mean, who wants to see a 12 year old boy cry? It’s awful! Granted, I cry from the Maxwell House commercial where the kid comes home from the Army and wakes his family up with coffee, but still! It’s gutwrenching! So, I think they should see Venezuela play this afternoon and then Beaverton, OR later on. Tre likes the Oregon kids so that’s cool for her. I’m still bitter that I couldn’t go because of tonight’s softball game cause I’d have banged out of work!!! I mean, come one! The Little League World Series only comes around once a year and who knows if Ron will be umping in it ever again! I don’t know how it works.

Anyway, I really do have some work to do (I know, the excitement) but I couldn’t let the Nick Markakis thing go any longer than I did. Happy Hump Day to all and to all a good night.

No comments: