Thursday, August 24, 2006

And, it's over

Well, we lost our game last night. It’s a good thing, but kind of bittersweet. I mean, no one likes to lose but we were ready for it to be over. I’m not really one to toot my own horn but I ended up playing like a freaking all star last night. I was just hitting (as has been the case of late) but my cousin Chrissy got hurt so I had to step in and catch. I was “simply en fuego.” I seriously had the game of my life and thanks to a perfect throw from Fish we got this guy out at home, even with him trying to avoid the tag. It felt phenomenal, I’m not gonna lie! As a girl, there’s nothing like getting a guy out. It just feels good. Especially when a girl throws a rope and a girl tags you out. Awesome! But anyway, we’re finally done and I’m just looking forward to our team party. I think it’ll be one hell of a night if last year’s shindig is any indication!

Tonight’s pitching matchup between the O’s and the Twins: Kris Benson v. Boof Bonser. I shit you not. Apparently he’s a rookie whose parents really don’t love him so he better hope he does a great job. I mean, even if Boof is a nickname, how bad is your real name that you’re going to use BOOF as your professional name? I have to get to the bottom of this. I can see the signs already “WHERE’S THE BOOF?” I slay me…

Project Runway. Ok… we all know I love the snark, but Jeffrey has gone beyond snark to douchebag. I mean, I know Angela’s not the easiest person to deal with and since she sprang from her mother’s loins it’s pretty obvious that she’s gonna be a tad tough to take, but he made the lady cry. And look like a navy blue couch. I would have loved to have seen him get booted in part thanks to Angela. It would have been such a sweet revenge for her, although it doesn’t look like his mom being there helped his attitude. Just cause your son was once a crackhead doesn’t mean he has the right to be mean to “normal” sized people! AARRGH. I really threw stuff at the TV last night. I mean, what would have happened if his mom had been treated that way? Ok, well he probably would have knifed the designer with a broken bottle but you get my point. And oh yeah, Laura’s pregnant again. Birth control, look into it. I’m sorry, she’s just gross. Even I don’t like her anymore. I’m not saying she’s not talented, she just irritates me. It was Robert’s turn to leave the runway and I have to say, it was about time. I mean, he’s stunk it up the last few challenges so it was only a matter of time. I think that’s probably the only reason Jeffrey is still there: Robert’s track record. And oh yeah… VINCENT won the challenge. I still don’t understand how because Michael and Uli’s were eight bazillion times better than his, but I guess that goes with the whole “give a dog a bone” premise of the show. Christ, even Angela’s won a challenge. I hope Jeffrey doesn’t. PS - Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn are on the cover of Entertainment Weekly this week and I can’t wait to get to my mailbox to see it on Saturday. I got a preview of it on www.bravotv.com, but there’s nothing like the real thing, am I right?

Now that softball is over it’s back to wing night. I seriously can’t wait! I’m hungry already and I won’t be eating for at least another couple of hours. I had to go to David’s Bridal on my lunch to get fitted for a bridesmaid dress for a wedding I’m in next June. Yeah… we don’t want to get those dresses too late, do we? Anyway, the dress was really pretty and looked nice on so I’m really glad. And I LOVE the shoes!! I think I raved about them from my friend Shannon’s wedding a few weeks ago so I’m so excited that we’ll be wearing them in this wedding. So, everything’s bought and paid for so if this wedding goes bust I’m gonna be pissed!!! It won’t. Kate and Brian have waited for nine years so I’m sure it’ll go off without a hitch. I’ve posted a picture of the dress for all the world to see. Hope Kate doesn’t mind.

Anyway, it’s time to leave work (yay) so everyone have a good night and look forward to your Friday!!!

No comments: