Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Pooping at Work

I know, it’s an awful title for a post but there’s a story behind it that I had to share.

We’ve all gotten to that point where we’ve had to poop at work. Don’t deny it, it’s happened to everyone. Maybe it was the Taco Bell you had for lunch, or the 18 pack of Keystone Light you had the night before, but everyone’s stomach has backfired on them and forced them to drop the kids off at the pool while at work. You know how it goes… you make sure no one is in there and then you let loose… until you hear the door open. Then you have to hold it in and hope to God the other person will pee quickly and leave. Everyone’s been that “other person” in the bathroom too, whether you know it or not. It’s the absolute worst feeling in the world and we’ve all had it.

Last night I was sneaking out of work early to make it to my 6:00 ball game (it’s getting darker out earlier so we’re trying to start early as we are STILL in playoffs) and there’s someone in the bathroom when I walk in. So, I go into the handicapped stall and begin to change for my game. It is after I pee and change into my uniform that I realize there has been absolutely no sound from the other stall. No pee, no flush, nothing. I am the other person and I’m torturing the hell out of whoever is in the other stall. I admit, I felt awful about it but where else was I supposed to change? So, I hightail it out of the stall and gather up my stuff. I washed my hands real quick and hustled out of there. I mean, I still needed to put my hair back and such, but I thought I’d give this person the benefit of the doubt and I hope they were able to take care of business with little discomfort after I left! So, I apologize to the phantom pooper!

As you may have noticed, softball is still not over. We had to play at 3:30 on Saturday and we lost to a team we shouldn’t have because no one hit the ball and we had a bajillion errors. For those non-softball types, that’s a lot! We then had to play at 8 am on Sunday. It poured the entire night so I left my phone on in anticipation of the rain out call that never came. So, a bagel sandwich and some doughnuts later we won 23-2. Hitting was obviously not a problem for us that day. Maybe we should always play at 8 am! Anyway, we then had to play last night and we won 6-1. The team we play tomorrow night is a team we beat our first game of the season but if we continue to not hit, we’ll lose. They’re good and we’re at that point where we either want to be out of it or win the whole thing. I’ve gotten the nickname of Giambi (I’m not happy about it) because I’ve been hitting the ball wicked hard lately and I’ve been the extra hitter a lot. I guess they finally caught on to my Chuck Knoblauch-esque infielding. Bastards.

My parents next door neighbor is one of the umpires at the Little League World Series and he had one of the games with the Saudi Arabian team. I LOVE them! I’m a huge Aaron Durley fan and I love the fact that they all dye their hair blonde for the tournament. I really would like to see them win, even though they’re really not an American team. I mean, all but one are American citizens so I guess that’s something. They’re just a really great team and fun to watch. So, my parents and sister are headed to Williamsport tomorrow to catch a few of the games. If I didn’t have aforementioned softball game, I’d be going also. Now I’m just a dog sitter. Ok, not even that because I don’t have time to watch the baby… Maybe I’ll go get him when I get home and he can snuggle with me and keep the boogie man away.

I spent my first night alone in the house this past weekend and it was far from fun. It was Saturday night, when the wind was howling and the rain was insane. Stupid me left the window open and I heard EVERYTHING. I swear a car door slammed at midnight and I looked outside and saw nothing. Paranoid much? I was up for hours. J. called around 1 and tried to talk me off my ledge but even that wasn’t helpful. I finally just crashed as best as I could. To answer any questions, J. and I have gone on 7 dates in less than three weeks. I guess that means things are going well, am I right? We went to Mexican Radio for dinner Friday night and then I subjected him to Melino’s for the first time. Come on, it’s a rite of passage!!! As always, I shall keep you posted until he gets wind of this blog and his presence on it!

I feel old. Both my cousins are leaving for college in the next week or so. One is going to New Paltz and the other to Siena. Granted, they’re not far away, but it’s the principle of the thing. They were too young to enjoy visiting me in college and now I’m too old. That’s depressing! But anyway, good luck L & L!

Ok, I’ve wasted enough time but I just really needed to get that story out before I forgot about it. Haven’t been home so no good TV/Movie news, although I am going to see Scoop tonight. We’ll see how it is. I don’t really care, I’m just lacking in popcorn. And for those of you who are worried about my diet (or lack thereof) I direct you to this article. I’m gonna live! (More on my eating habits to come in another blog, I promise).

I got this picture in my inbox today and thought I should share it with the world. I don't know how Gap would feel about it, but consider it free advertising... I LOVE GAP T-SHIRTS!!!

No comments: