Monday, August 28, 2006

Monday is the new black

It was an interesting weekend, that’s the best way to put it.

The deck party was Friday night and we had a great time. There were way more people than I had expected and J. got to meet the majority of my friends. Everyone seemed to like him and I think it was a success. He got ID’d by both bartenders (he’s got a bit of a baby face) and my friends gave him shit so I think that was a good sign. Everyone was pretty much in the bag which always makes for entertainment. For example, my sister asked a busboy how to say “funbags” in Mexican. Yep… Mexican. Apparently we’re all hitting up the demolition derby at the Chatham Fair on Thursday to cheer on Ronnie. I’ve never been to a demo derby (or derby of any kind for that matter). I might have to bring my camera.

Saturday we went to the Dutchess County Fair which I’d never been to. I mean, it’s a fair. It was a tad bit nicer than the Chatham Fair but I’m probably not a good judge considering I spend most of my time in the beer tent. Ok.. all of my time unless I’m out getting a corn dog. That’s my favorite part of the fair.. the corn dogs. I had one on Saturday but it just wasn’t the same.. too much corn, not enough dog. I will have to make up for it this weekend. After we got home from the fair I cleaned the house. What can I say? It was kinda disgusting and I really can’t deal with that. Plus, I was peeved because my whole goal for the weekend was to get my cd’s put into Itunes and onto my Ipod. When I tried to open Itunes it said something else wasn’t working (that was already installed) and since I’m a computer retard I gave it to my mother and hope to God she can get it to work. I really do need a computer geek boyfriend.

Sunday, Tre and I went shopping and I actually got some cute work clothes. I really need them cause I’ve found I’m wearing the same four outfits (Friday is dress down day) every week. She bought Xbox 360 and I believe has now spent the entire day playing Ghost Recon, which I made her buy because I wanted to shoot things. I’ve never really played anything but Nintendo (I miss my Nintendo) and there is just WAY too much involved on these controllers. I just want to jump and hit things… shoot the screen. That’s all. Apparently you can’t do that anymore so now I’m going to have to learn how to play. Maybe one of my younger cousins can show me. Would that be pathetic? Do I really care? To add to the stress of my day, as I was just getting into Target to finish up my shopping day I get the following text message: I'm in big trouble. I'm going to be a dad! I've known for two weeks! I just didn't know how to tell you.

This is coming from my ex that I broke up with in late May. The same ex that texts me every week to tell me how much he loves me and misses me and basically wants to be my sex toy. Um… no. I see now that I have made the right decision on that front. Good luck… don’t invite me to the shower. AND, I had to leave Target… I love Target. I couldn’t concentrate on my love of Target with this hanging over me. He’s not telling me anything about the girl and says I don’t know her, which is probably not true cause if that were the case what would be the big deal in telling me who it is? I mean, I’m gonna find out anyway. I’m VERY resourceful. It shouldn’t bother me. I mean, I don’t love him the way he loves me and I broke up with him, but it’s really about the principle of the matter. And oh yeah, I’m supposed to feel bad for him because she told him she was on the shot. You don’t even like the girl that much but you trust her to be on birth control? Um…. yeah.. no. Use a condom you big moron. Made your bed, now lie in it. I don’t feel the slightest bit bad and you got laid… not taken advantage of. Grow up.

Ok, that’s my public service announcement for the day. I doubt you’ll be seeing it on PBS anytime soon but I gave it a shot! Today was one of those days where I considered jamming a pen in my eye (I’m a little bored) but then I realized it would screw up my laser eye surgery and I’m far from done paying for it. Therefore, I refrained. The other paralegal is on vacation this week so I thought I’d be swamped. Not so much. I feel a sick day coming on.

OOH… let’s talk about the Emmy’s: I’m most thrilled that Jeremy Piven finally won, although I do feel like he looked like he got rode hard and put away wet by the Queen of England. An ascot? I mean, we all know how much I adore him but even I couldn’t get down with that kind of neckwear. The Office won for best comedy which was very well deserved. Apparently there was a bit of a wardrobe malfunction on the part of Mindy Kaling but since I really didn’t see it, I don’t know how obvious it was. I’m sure she’ll get over it. Also, Grey’s Anatomy was shut out and it just might have been thanks to the heinous dress/hair pairing of Ellen Pompeo. Not a good choice. I know most people didn’t like Sandra Oh’s dress but I thought it was pretty. Would have been better without all that ghetto jewelry though. She looked like Mr. T threw up all over her. Katherine Heigl was certainly the belle of the ball. I mean, she looked phenomenal!! Dress, hair, everything was a “10.” That’s the best I can do as I missed most of the pre-show and had to switch back and forth because the series finale of Entourage was on. I could NOT miss that! PS - I love Jenna Fischer - throw Jim a bone and marry him instead of Roy!!!

Ok.. only an hour (give or take) to get some semblance of work done so I’ll call it a night. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments: