Friday, August 25, 2006

Karma's a bitch

I deserved a heinous loss and pitiful display from Kris Benson considering what I said about Boof. But come on people. He legally changed his name from John to Boof. WHO DOES THAT? So, congrats to you Boof on a stellar game. I don’t know what else to say about it because I’m still stuck on the fact that he changed his name….. legally… Are you with me people?

Oh, what a day! I need a beer like Paris Hilton needs the morning after pill. Not only was I stalked by an attorney (no seriously - I think she has the hearing of a bat because I was waiting for a phone call and not two seconds after I got it, she was down here inquiring about it) but then, I played the “hurry up and wait” game, which is always fun. I probably shouldn’t have left the office to go to lunch with my friend Amy as I was playing the “wait” part, but damnit I was hungry and I had plans! Had a really good lunch at Blue 82 on Pearl Street and came back to the realization that I was NOT going to get yelled at for leaving. That’s always a nice thing to know considering I was anticipating getting my ass chewed out in the worst way. So, I’ve now spent the balance of the afternoon registering for Netflix and perusing the internet, explaining how I know Boof Bonser LEGALLY CHANGED HIS NAME!!!

So yeah, I’m gonna give Netflix a try. Everyone seems to rave about it and I rent a lot of movies as it is so I figured I’d give it a shot. My two week trial starts today so if I don’t like it, I can always quit, right? Although, it’ll be nice to rent some of the stuff I’ve never seen like The Godfather and Scarface (shut up - I know). Plus, I signed up for all the seasons of Rescue Me, Six Feet Under and Nip/Tuck. Granted, I’ve seen most every episode of Six Feet Under but it’s been a while and I really like that show. We’ll see if it gives me a reason to actually buy the seasons. I do like having shows on DVD for myself. I watch Sports Night all the time (the most underrated show in television history) and still laugh my ass off.

Last night was wing night and boy was it worth it! I had some naked seasoned wings and fries with cheese and gravy. Yep… I’m still not sure how I didn’t have a heart attack right at the table. I bought wings home for my sister and we watched the end of the Little League World Series game that was on. After that, J. showed up and my sister begged him to play beer pong. He agreed, but since he had to work at 4 am there was no drinking for him so I had to take one for the team. That was not good when we got our ass kicked the first game but luckily (much like darts), the drunker I get, the better I am. So, I think I got 5 of 6 cups the second game (we were lacking in cups so we only played 6 on a side) and then we won the third game. Then I went inside and passed out. Yep… I’m a great date. Oh yeah… it’s official. We’re dating now. I don’t really know what that encompasses or what it means but I guess that’s what happens when you hit the eight date mark. Yay me.

Time for me to go. My cell (that is not supposed to be on at work) is blowing up with calls and texts about tonight’s deck party at Meadowgreens which is a good sign. I’m looking forward to a good time, even if I have to drive (as usual). Anyway, everyone have a terrific weekend and I’ll keep you posted on my goings on in the near future.

No comments: