Friday, June 30, 2006

I want to shakalaka with you

I apologize for my lack of posting last night but believe it or not, I had plans! My day was not quite as hellish as I had thought, so I got out of work on time and met my girls for the dance recital. This is my second year of not being in it and most of their first, so it was looking to be a bit of a traumatic experience. For those of you that don’t know (or understand) I danced for roughly 23 years and quit mainly because I wasn’t finding the dances challenging enough. I mean, it wasn’t even good exercise in all honesty. So, I was the second of our group to quit and the rest followed at the end of last year. I don’t really know if anyone can grasp how heart wrenching it was for me to quit and I bawled my brains out when I did it. But, why continue to do something when you’re not fulfilled by it like you used to be? So anyway, I believe there were 10 of us in the balcony watching the show and I’m kind of happy to say that watching the show didn’t make any of us regret our decision. I miss the performing aspect of it, for sure. I mean, I would have performed the show every night and three times on Sunday if she had let me! But, the dances just weren’t challenging at all. Don’t get me wrong, to the untrained eye they LOOKED difficult and that’s the point. However, we knew they weren’t. The costumes were HIDEOUS, and that’s putting it lightly. I don’t know. I really wish it had knocked my socks off and made me want to go back but it didn’t. I would love to keep dancing and performing (even past the ripe old age of 30) and I do miss it, but not to go back and have to prove myself in front of spastic teenagers. No thanks. Also, the title of my post today was a line in one of the songs that was danced to. Um.... No thanks.

We cut out slightly early so we could head out for a few drinks which was so much fun. I don’t get to hang out with the whole group of dance girls all at once and we tend to be a rowdy bunch. I don’t think the poor bartender knew what he was getting himself into when we walked in! Everyone had a great time and we voiced our opinions and reminisced about old times and such things. It was a great night and I hope we get to do it again soon!

What else? O’s lost to the Phillies last night but hey, we’re used to that. I mean, a sweep? Seriously…. I really shouldn’t bitch because we are actually doing quite well in interleague play.. Now if only we could put a team together. Ya know, one that wins.

Also managed to read some stuff about Raffy and his chance text messages/phone call with Brian Roberts. That saddened me to a certain extent. Granted, he fucked up. I understand and I’m bitter about the whole thing cause I’ve always been a Raffy fan. But to have his only contact with his old team be through a random text message mistake? That’s just sad.

In other news, L’il Kim is getting out of the slammer on Monday. I bet the first place that bitch goes is to the spa cause I doubt her extensions and tips lasted too long in prison. Maybe she’ll start a new “just out of prison” fashion trend like Martha Stewart… although I’m pretty sure it won’t be a poncho. I’m thinking more along the lines of striped pasties and hot pants.. It is July after all.

Today couldn’t go by any slower and technically, I could leave early, but I’d rather get the overtime money in my next paycheck and spend the next 2 hours pretending to work while I really look for pink bedspreads on the internet. I had a rough week - I deserve some down time especially considering I have to work on Monday when everyone and their mother is off. Granted, it’s a dress down day AND they’re giving us a pizza party (ya know, the four of us who either couldn’t or didn’t feel like taking the day off), but I’d much rather be at a party drinking beer and playing liar’s poker. Or real poker.. although I’d probably lose less money playing Liar’s Poker. Probably.

I’m headed to my friend Sarah’s ball game after work which I hope will be slightly more eventful than my last two Friday nights - partypoker.net and ball games on TV. I make no guarantees! My cousin’s graduation party is tomorrow and I’m determined to see The Devil Wears Prada this weekend so I’ll keep you posted on how things go.

No comments: