Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Still sleepy


Went into work at 8 and left at 7:15 with no lunch so, there really isn't much to tell. That is why I've decided to tell the story behind this picture instead:

A few weeks ago was my friend Shannon's bachelorette party and bridal shower. Favors from the bridal shower were little packages of chiclets, aptly packaged as "Luv Gum." Early on in the day I had decided that I was going to use the luv gum as my pickup line for the night, so I hoarded all the leftovers that people didn't take home.

So, we head out to Albany in a hummer limo and continue the boozing we had started at one of the bridesmaid's homes. I dubbed the limo driver "hotass" but that did not make him worthy of my luv gum. We hit up the Bayou (boys love bachelorette parties) but no one really lived up to my expectations. Eventually we made our way across the street to Skyline where Shannon got up on stage and played tambourine for the band. All of a sudden I see this guy on the outskirts of the crowd and decide he is "the one." I call over my friend Sarah because she'd been dying to get a picture of "the luv gum guy" since that afternoon. So, I go over to him and offer him my luv gum (which is one hell of an icebreaker) and we start talking. So, I ask him his name and it's Matthias. Not exactly the most common name and interesting because my sister works with a guy named Matthias. Yep... it was him. I'd never met him before and as luck would have it, this is how I do it. Thanks to luv gum. So, that is the picture Sarah took of us that night and while he is married, I feel the luv gum wasn't exactly a waste and at least a funny story. A funny story that we tried to tell my sister when we called her at 2 in the morning. Somehow it didn't translate well over the band and our drunken voices. I just don't get it.

I had little time for any pop culture/baseball information but I'll do what I can. I believe yesterday or today was Charlie Gibson's last day on Good Morning America. This little tidbit meant nothing to me because I rarely watch anything in the morning but Buffy the Vampire Slayer (don't laugh - it gets me through my morning). Anyway, he had very few final guests but Cal Ripken was on (and I'm so f'n bitter that I missed it) and I think he might have even rated higher than Kermit the Frog. Way to go Cal! I wonder if he wore blue? He should never NOT wear blue. The O's were supposed to play a double header today but all I know (or really care about) is that they won the first game and Brian Roberts hit his first home run!!! I have yet to see the highlight but I don't really need to. He just needed a little bit of time to get his shit together. That's all. Congrats to B-Rob and hopefully now Ben can hold his head just a tad bit higher when he wears his jersey at the games this weekend!

Let's see.. what else? Made it home from work just in time to make my tanning appointment that I really doubted I'd get to. I know it's bad for you but nothing feels better than falling asleep in a big cocoon of warmth. I'm in a wedding next weekend and the dress is a light green. I can't be the pasty bridesmaid!

I think I forgot to mention this but I did get out of work for a hot second yesterday and managed to buy THE lamp!! It was a very exciting experience for me and I made it home in one piece. I love that lamp. It's kind of like my first "big girl" purchase. Sad, but slightly fulfilling and that's something I can deal with. The downstairs of the house is primed and soon enough the upstairs will be too. Hopefully Dad will sand the floors on Monday and Tuesday and then we can start painting. Nothing makes a house feel like a home like.. well.. paint! Guess I should finalize my color choices in the very near future.

Anyway, I'm exhausted and SWAT is on FX. I really can't concentrate when Colin Farrell is running on the beach and I won't apologize for it.

No comments: